The moon landing

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
At least once is my guess.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I heard it was made in a Hollywood basement.

Swiper.

Elite
Reaction score
The moon landing happened and the CIA killed Kennedy

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Oh good God. Is the earth flat?
Elon Musk says that if men walked on the moon in 1969, it’s the first time in history where technology was better 50 years ago than it is now…..

Also, google AI just determined the apollo 11 pictures and videos were staged.

Theres quite a lot more discrepancies. But only a few people actually know….

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Elon Musk says that if men walked on the moon in 1969, it’s the first time in history where technology was better 50 years ago than it is now…..

To be fair, Elon has proved himself to be more Thomas Edison than Nikola Tesla.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Elon Musk is an edge lord who says a lot of dumb shit that isn't accurate. I wouldn't use anything he said as a basis to believe anything.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
One of the most interesting things about the moon to me was how NASA changed their story about how it rung.

The initial reports from Apollo 12 were that when the ascent module crashed back into the moon it rang like a bell for almost an hour.

Some of the guys reported that it sounded like a gong.

Within a few days NASA started countering the story claiming they reread all the data and that never happened and it was all a big mistake.

Early tech computers running reel to reel tapes and punch cards , rows of ibm 729s running like mad as they pulled and entered data to magnetic tape back up lololol

I suppose it could of been all a mistake but ,,,,,,, it always made me wonder.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
One of the most interesting things about the moon to me was how NASA changed their story about how it rung.

The initial reports from Apollo 12 were that when the ascent module crashed back into the moon it rang like a bell for almost an hour.

Within a few days NASA started countering the story claiming they reread all the data and that never happened and it was all a big mistake.

Early tech computers running reel to reel tapes and punch cards , rows of ibm 729s running like mad as they pulled and entered data to magnetic tape back up lololol

I suppose it could of been all a mistake but ,,,,,,, it always made me wonder.
it's not unusual for corrections to be made to statements as new data is received and analyzed. This is how science works. Imagine if everyone stuck to their original statements for the sake of it, despite the most recent and full data set indicating they were wrong.

We'd be so far behind technologically and scientifically if that was how we went about things.

Kraken

Reaction score

I don't understand this at all. I think you are saying that when the powered part of the assent module was jettisoned, it crashed into the moon and made a sound. And this sound was heard by the guys orbiting the moon? How? There is no atmosphere on the moon, so how would sound be transmitted?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I don't understand this at all. I think you are saying that when the powered part of the assent module was jettisoned, it crashed into the moon and made a sound. And this sound was heard by the guys orbiting the moon? How? There is no atmosphere on the moon, so how would sound be transmitted?

Can't.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Seismic monitoring gear they placed on the lunar surface.

Which is why i mentioned the old tech and magnetic tapes and back ups ,, it could of all been a misreading during the extrapolation of the data but it just always struck me as odd

New Threads