Well, I should have done this before

Prd

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I, obviously, am new here. I'm 45 I was a nationally ranked martial artist in my 20s, and stayed fairly active until about a decade ago when work took over. I had kind of a rough year a few years back, I lost my wife and then got GBS (neuro thing) which put me in a rehab hospital for months relearning how to walk. That stint cost me almost 65% of my muscle mass. I have climbed back from that and hit the gym 5-6 days a week (I have for 2.5 years). My diet is pretty locked in (I think) running about 45/35/20 as macros. At first most of the weight that I regained was not muscle, so I've been sorting that out. I noticed that I really wasn't making much in gains aside from when I first started and had my testosterone tested to find out my natural level was in the double digits. I've now been on trt for about 5 months (200mg/wk @ 100mg BIW) and I am really seeing the difference. I am really looking forward to continuing to move forward with my progress and get my 15% body fat down to single digits (I'm 5'11" & 215).

I think that covers most of the bases. Thanks for having me!

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What martial art did you compete in?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Tae Kwon Do
So ,, like a dancer ? :cool: 😉

Seriously though , GBS is no fucking joke man welcome back from that. Right on man.

Did it come on suddenly ? I know many folks seem to have a viral episode that triggers the onset like CMV or Epstein-Barr.

I've got a ton of questions Id love to ask about treatments as well , did you receive plasmapheresis or did they go the IVIG route ?

Before I go on babbling

Welcome to grind central.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Wax on, wax off, Daniel-San!!!

Welcome to the Underground

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Taekwondo. Korean for hands and feet. Daniel son was karate. Same same but different.

Now to the point. Looks life has thrown you a curved ball and you hit it right out of the park.

Just shy of 6 foot 225 pounds at 15%. The rest of us wish those were our stats. But you want better.

Hard (not impossible) to get into single digits. Especially the older you get. Cardio and a keen eye on you'r diet will get you there.

Not so sure of your other goals. Like to put on muscle or just to have a great beach body. But I'm sure you will get there.

All the best. Hope you stay and play. You seem like an interesting honest person.

Prd

Reaction score
Taekwondo. Korean for hands and feet. Daniel son was karate. Same same but different.

Now to the point. Looks life has thrown you a curved ball and you hit it right out of the park.

Just shy of 6 foot 225 pounds at 15%. The rest of us wish those were our stats. But you want better.

Hard (not impossible) to get into single digits. Especially the older you get. Cardio and a keen eye on you'r diet will get you there.

Not so sure of your other goals. Like to put on muscle or just to have a great beach body. But I'm sure you will get there.

All the best. Hope you stay and play. You seem like an interesting honest person.
Cardio. Grr. Not my favorite thing, but I know it has to be there. And, only 215 (although yesterday at the gym was 211… wtf). Goals wise, I really just want to add muscle & be as healthy as possible. Especially knowing I could lose it again (well, and I will with age if nothing else), I’d rather start from the best point possible. I don’t particularly care about looks at this point. I think (having been a math major), I just get focused on numbers too. If there’s a goal I can set I will—sometimes that’s a definite detriment.

Oh, and you left the Do part of TKD (the path). Too many places skip the art part and stick to the martial. Feet and hands are good, but I’ll take head any day (pun fully intended).

New Threads