What do you guys think about this ppl

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this ppl? I'm not doing it because of cbum and I doubt that it's actually his routine anyway just wanted to know peoples honest opinions.
I've never done a ppl so I figured it's time to try one.

Or if you have a ppl 6 days preferably let me know what you felt was the best.
I think it's fine.. the real question is how your recovery will fair on a 6 day PPL training routine with only 1 day rest.

If you find recovery is suffering, then you might opt to have two back to back rest days as opposed to just one. My current training is PPL, rest, rest, PPL... and repeat. So basically an 8 day training routine instead of 7.

buck

Reaction score
Pretty much what i did for my first year i was in a commercial gym starting out. Put on around 25# muscle and i was still natural. It was 6 days a week. After the first year though, my poundage's were getting up to where i needed more time between body parts. If i was on gear i am sure i could have kept using it for some time. I have used it on and off over the last few decades.

Reaction score
@Send0 do you ppl rest ppl rest or ppl ppl rest rest ?
@buck Ya I've always done the bro split and I'm sitting at 200lb right now I figured this 600cyp & 600 deca would pair well with a ppl program. I know my food In take needs to increase also.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
I wish I’d done more of it when I was younger

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
@Send0 do you ppl rest ppl rest or ppl ppl rest rest ?
@buck Ya I've always done the bro split and I'm sitting at 200lb right now I figured this 600cyp & 600 deca would pair well with a ppl program. I know my food In take needs to increase also.
no, I do it in the exact order I wrote originally. Below I broke it down by day, just to make it more clear.

This is my preference based on what my specific recovery needs seem to be. You can put your rest days in however you want, as long as you are recovering properly. This is what works for me.

Day 1: Pull
Day 2: Push
Day 3: Legs

Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Rest

Day 6: Pull
Day 7: Push
Day 8: Legs.

Reaction score
I don't recover on time (progress) if I hit the muscle again within 5 days. So for me it works best to have have 2-3 rest days mixed in each rotation of PPL.

Track your lifts to figure out how many rest days you need. If You can do PPL PPL PPL and your numbers go up each time, keep it up 🤷 Odds are they wont, though. If the lifts aren't increasing and you're sure your diet and sleep is on point, you probably just aren't giving enough time for recovery (which you fix by adding rest days as needed)

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
@Send0 would adding 45 min of cardio after 2 or 3 of those days be to much?
I do cardio, and I am able to recover with the two rest days I have programmed.

However, I won't do cardio on leg day, or the day after legs.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
@Send0 would adding 45 min of cardio after 2 or 3 of those days be to much?
That would depend on the modality and intensity.

45 mins of light incline treadmill walking and 45 mins of jogging are two very different propositions.

Reaction score
45 min on the gym bike set to fat burn. If you keep your hands on the heart rate sensor it adjusts the difficulty too keep your heart rate at certain bpm. It wasn't very hard.

Reaction score
You can mix this split up 100 ways, here is just one idea.

Push 100% Volume: 8-10 reps, train 1/2 sets to Failure
Legs 50% Volume: 12-15 reps, No failure training
Pull 100% Volume: 8-10 reps, train 1/2 sets to Failure
OFF
Push 50% Volume: 12-15 reps, No failure training
Legs 100% Volume: 8-10 reps, train 1/2 sets to Failure
Pull 50% Volume: 12-15 reps, No failure training

New Threads