44 Male with CML

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Thank you, I thought until this thread I could just get more than half my protein from shakes. I am going to double my meet intake. How can I uptake my calories and carbs and still be hungry enough to eat enough protein
honestly, it just takes effort and practice. I used to not be able to eat much clean food (but could always eat a lot of garbage/junk food), but after working at it sometimes I can clean my plate of clean whole food and often find myself wanting more.

Your body will adjust given enough time.

Reaction score
do you actually log your food in an app, or just make a mental note like what you're doing in this post?
Well yes, I make a mental note. So I will download an app and start actually looking at what I'm eating. Thank you for the support. I think it might be a game changer.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My troll meter is back on the green.
I was 21 when I started body building. I weighed 60kg. Guess that is 140 ish pounds at 5 foot 6.
I knew as you do that eating more was the only way to grow.
But I will save you my journey. For me it wasn't eating more. I had to drink more food. Protine shakes with fruit and oats and peanutbutter or what ever foods you can chug down. Is a start.
I'm not recommending this but it worked for me back in the 80s when options were few.

Whole milk
Two whole boiled eggs
Two bananas
Three table spoons of oats raw
Two table spoons of cooked white rice
Small tin of tuna in oil.
One small tub of yogurt
Blend drink fast.

Had this twice a day and tried my best to eat four meals as well. Obviously today you don't need tuna in a drink there are good protine mixes about. But it worked. But anyone around in the 80s knows the milk and egg protine mix was worse than lumpy concrete to drink.

Just find ways to drink food.

I've been training now 36 years and have gotten to 248 pounds. Sure just 2 pounds a year. But it adds up.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My troll meter is back on the green.
I was 21 when I started body building. I weighed 60kg. Guess that is 140 ish pounds at 5 foot 6.
I knew as you do that eating more was the only way to grow.
But I will save you my journey. For me it wasn't eating more. I had to drink more food. Protine shakes with fruit and oats and peanutbutter or what ever foods you can chug down. Is a start.
I'm not recommending this but it worked for me back in the 80s when options were few.

Whole milk
Two whole boiled eggs
Two bananas
Three table spoons of oats raw
Two table spoons of cooked white rice
Small tin of tuna in oil.
One small tub of yogurt
Blend drink fast.

Had this twice a day and tried my best to eat four meals as well. Obviously today you don't need tuna in a drink there are good protine mixes about. But it worked. But anyone around in the 80s knows the milk and egg protine mix was worse than lumpy concrete to drink.

Just find ways to drink food.

I've been training now 36 years and have gotten to 248 pounds. Sure just 2 pounds a year. But it adds up.
So I bought a blender to mix my protein shakes. So far I haven't added anything extra. I also got a wieght gainer mix which I guess I should be using daily along with eating 4 meals a day. Eating constantly is hard so I think I might actually mix up a gallon of shakes and keep it on hand in the fridge at work.

New Threads