Brand spankin' new!

Reaction score
Hey what's up everyone,

I'm 39/m in NJ and getting back to gym after not a whole lot of time off, just kinda not focused and floating around I guess. I was your regular gym rat following body builder routines and mixing in some powerlifting here and there, bulking in the winter etc etc. My training partner about 12 years older than me was the best, most motivational guy you could ever lift with. Older guy, ton of knowledge, competing in amateur BB shows as a heavyweight and soon we became closer friends as we realized we both played in local metal bands for fun. He got remarried and moved so he started going to another gym, I held my own for awhile and then I decided to go back to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for awhile. I trained a bunch of different martial arts when I was younger and figured I'd get back into it. So I was lifting maybe 3 days a wk, doing BJJ 3 days and Catch Wrestling on Saturdays. It was cool and a completely different work out but I don't know, I'm not trying to be a bitch but I'm 39 years old. I drive tractor trailers in NYC for living and my day starts at 4 AM so this idea that you can mix me in with 19 year old kids who are trying to be the next UFC guy or whatever...I guess I just couldn't really get into the "culture" of it. I'm all about hard work and work ethic but I'm keeping up with guys literally half my age, competing in local tournaments and I'm hearing "dude you gotta be here every day, that's how you get promoted"...it just clicked, "I gotta get the F outta here and go back to the gym" I'll do some wrestling here and there but my heart is in moving weight, I workout at odd hours due to my job, I like my hood up, my music on and at this point in my life it's just about being strong, setting personal goals and looking decent. Honest to God I'm not even about "gotta get shredded for summer" anymore. Give me free weights a power rack and that cardio I hate and I'll be happy. So with all of that, I realized I have to converse and surround myself with people on the same path with the same passion and get this fire re-lit under my ass. Googles around and this seemed like a good bunch of people that were knowledgeable about training, gear and diet. So here I am.

Little bit more...I'm an uncle and Godfather for the 1st time to my sisters baby girl and I think I've seen that kid almost everyday in the 4 months she's been here. It's nice they live down the street so that kinda makes my day, especially being single now it's nice to spend time with a girl that's just happy to see me lol.
2 other things I'm really passionate about are music and motorcycle racing. I like all kinds of music but my heart is in metal. I still get out to shows and play in local bands, jam with old friends or whatever. I sang in one band for like 8 years, played a little guitar, bass, whatever. Metal and lifting are just a great combo. I also love motorcycle racing. MotoGP and Supercross. I currently have a 2012 Suzuki GSX-R750 and it's completely tracked. I do track days and club racing here in NJ and upstate NY and once in awhile at Pocono in PA but that track kinda sucks.. I'm hoping tax return time I can get something to put down on a new MX bike and get back into dirt as well.

I'm a teamster driving trailers mostly in NYC. I think WWE's Charlotte is a perfect 10. I have seen Predator 782 times in 2016 alone and play Mortal Kombat on PS4 and when I do I curse and spaz out so much it's like I have tourettes.

Look fwd to chatting with you all. Thanks for havin' me!

PV

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Best intro I've seen in a long time. Welcome.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome brother! Great intro! I had a band for several years myself as well as training martial arts (jkd, bjj, muay thai, Filipino stuff, western boxing) for several years as well. Lots of good guys on here.

Reaction score
Great Intro, Welcome to The Underground.

I'm a hood up, in the zone, music on, don't talk to me kind of guy as well.

Reaction score
Welcome brother! Great intro! I had a band for several years myself as well as training martial arts (jkd, bjj, muay thai, Filipino stuff, western boxing) for several years as well. Lots of good guys on here.

Thanks man and that's all great stuff..Filipino was my favorite. I competed in Escrima/Kali for awhile. I think out of everything if I ever trained again I'd like to do that. Lots of fun, great cardio and a nice way to keep those shoulders warm.

Great Intro, Welcome to The Underground.

I'm a hood up, in the zone, music on, don't talk to me kind of guy as well.

Thanks dude, badass car too!

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard