Starting Strength Workout B

Cardio warm-up 10 min Treadmill walk followed by few minutes of hip mobility

BB Back Squat
3x5 @ 145lbs

Standing Shoulder Press
3x5 @ 75lbs

BB Row
3x5 @ 115lbs

Not a bad morning. Even if I did have to use the cheap TP in the gym bathrooms today. At least they were clean this time.

Weights all felt pretty good today. That first set of squats felt iffy but then the cleared up and felt better more power. Was worried as was feeling the low back yesterday from deads but that was cleared up this morning.

I've included a hopefully working link to take a look at Squat form. I try to keep form locked in and want to make sure not losing it as I steadily increase the weight again.

Reader591

Reaction score
02/17/2023

BB Back Squat
3x5 @ 145lbs

Standing Shoulder Press
3x5 @ 75lbs

BB Row
3x5 @ 115lbs

Not a bad morning. Even if I did have to use the cheap TP in the gym bathrooms today. At least they were clean this time.

Weights all felt pretty good today. That first set of squats felt iffy but then the cleared up and felt better more power. Was worried as was feeling the low back yesterday from deads but that was cleared up this morning.

I've included a hopefully working link to take a look at Squat form. I try to keep form locked in and want to make sure not losing it as I steadily increase the weight again.

From what I can see that squat looks pretty clean! Nice work

Reaction score
02/20/2023

Starting Strength Workout A

Cardio warmup 10 min Treadmill walk 3.0 speed followed by hip mobility/opening movements/stretch

BB Back Squat
3x5 @ 155lbs

Flat BB Bench Press
3x5 @ 155lbs

Deadlift
1x5 @ 195lbs

Felt pretty good today. Squats and dead felt great today. Bench was feeling quite heavy, again probably started a bit aggressive on Bench. Also had to do 155 instead of the scheduled 150 today. Gym has like 2 sets of 2.5lb plates. Both being used by people that didn't want ti share lol and I wasn't waiting since I was warmed up.

Need to remember to order my own so I can keep them in my bag.

Otherwise solid morning after standing at my sink contemplating laying back down

Reaction score
Thanks, trying to keep working on both lol

Forgot to post also, weighed in at 186.2lbs today. Weights still been hovering around the same number week to week. Time to adjust.

I do have one of the definitely accurate bmi bf and lean weight % scales. Bf% it reads has dipped slightly while lean mass has increased slightly. Kinda depends on hydration though too as it gives a I guess water % as well.

Deads are also still double overhand, no straps. I tend to do a hold at the top of final rep for grip work as well.

Reaction score
02/22/2023

BB Back Squat
3x5 @ 165lbs

Standing Shoulder Press
3x5 @ 80lbs

BB Row
3x5 @ 125lbs

Pretty good day. Felt tired this morning and got in a few minutes later then normal. Weights all moved but definitely feeling them all now. We'll see how much longer I can push them without missing reps.

Reaction score
12/30/2022
Workout C - Heavy Upper/Light Lower

Treadmill walk warm-up
10 minutes at 3.0 speed. No incline

Decline Machine Chest Press
1x7 @ 140lbs

DB Seated Shoulder Press
1x10 @ 25lbs per side

Dips
1x5 @ bodyweight

Pull-up
1x3 @ bodyweight

Deadlift
1x6 @ 135lbs

Rear Delt Fly Machine
1x8 @ 55lbs

Seated DB Hammer Curls
1x8 @ 22.5lbs per side

Skull Crushers
1x10 @ 40lbs

Seated Pivot Leg Curl
1x20 @ 79lbs

Seated Leg Press
1x18 @ 110lbs

Seated Pivot Leg Extension
1x18 @ 52lbs

Seated Calf Raise
1x20 @ 45lbs

Finished the morning with 2 sets of cable crunches and about 10 minutes in the sauna.

Felt pretty good today, bit tired though. Up at 3:30am and at gym by 4am. Been off work all week and wanted to get in today, at the time I was thinking, for work days next week to see how the time went.

Sad to see how my bodyweight movements went, especially pull-ups. Used to be able to crank out 20 but that was like 7 years and 50lbs ago. Something to work on.
Looks like a DC traning

Reaction score
I don't even know what DC training is? Don't think I've ever seen that?

Also thank you to the gym chick, whoever you are, that came in and started doing hip thrusts across from me. I appreciate you

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
I don't even know what DC training is? Don't think I've ever seen that?

Also thank you to the gym chick, whoever you are, that came in and started doing hip thrusts across from me. I appreciate you
It’s a pretty legit training methodology

Reaction score
02/24/2023

Cardio warmup 10 min Treadmill walk 3.0 speed followed by hip mobility/opening movements/stretch

BB Back Squat
3x5 @ 175lbs

Flat BB Bench Press
1x5 @ 160lbs, 1x3 @ 160lbs

Deadlift
1x5 @ 205lbs

Ok day. Felt good on the squats. Goal is to hit the 185lb for 3x5 come Monday then slow progession to 5lbs each workout.

Bench was heavy. Didn't feel confident going for 5 second set without spotter. First set was difficult last rep and was feeling it already earlier the second. Going to drip Bench down and work way back up and hopefully push past 160.

Deads were good. Feeling them more now as well. Pulled the 205lbs double overhand still. Q0 second hold at the top if last rep for some grip.

Reaction score
02/27/2023

BB Back Squat
3x5 @ 185lbs

Standing Shoulder Press
3x5 @ 85lbs

BB Row
3x5 @ 135lbs

Not a bad day. Feeling a little twinge in the low back but didn't seem to bother anything lifting.

Squats felt surprisingly solid. Especially after walking around for little more the 2 hours yesterday needing on Pokémon Go lol

Rows also felt pretty decent at a plate today.

Shoulder press is what I was feeling today. Got all setsxreps but sure feeling heavy today. Also feeling it in the left elbow while repping so idk what that is.

Reaction score
03/01/2023

BB Back Squat
3x5 @ 190lbs

Flat BB Bench Press
3x5 @ 135lbs

Deadlift
1x5 @ 215lbs

Squats feeling solid again today. No issue there really, form felt tight. Think I lost count maybe though and did a 6th rep possibly on the last set lol

Bench, we'll it's bench lol dropped like I planned to work back up and even 135 felt like a load today. Small monkey 🐒 weak press

Deadlift was a bit heavy but solid. Double overhand still. 10 second hold at top of last rep.

Reader591

Reaction score
Looks to me like that deadlift and squat is progressing very nicely. Good work!

Reaction score
Looks to me like that deadlift and squat is progressing very nicely. Good work!
Yes those are feeling solid. Slowing down progression on both tp +5lbs now I think so I can keep them moving .

Bench and standing ohp are what's getting me. Considering dropping the bench a bit more to work of more form and quality reps and work up. And I'll see how ohp feels Friday before changing anything there.

Also planning to order myself some micro plates to facilitate smaller increases.

Reaction score
But there were no rest pause sets lol
I was gonna say lol... for sure it doesn't look like DC training.
@bullzelle DC training is a failure based training system that is pretty well known to put slabs of muscle on those who run it. It falls under the umbrella of HIT (High Intensity Training), which utilizes intensification methods and "beating the logbook". I strongly suggest running DC training to anyone who is intermediate level, which i think you fall squarely under. Most folks think they run every set to failure... until they try DC training. Many have said DC taught them what "failure" meant in training.

Anyways, sorry for the derail. I'll be following along seeking training inspiration for the wife.

Reaction score
I was gonna say lol... for sure it doesn't look like DC training.
@bullzelle DC training is a failure based training system that is pretty well known to put slabs of muscle on those who run it. It falls under the umbrella of HIT (High Intensity Training), which utilizes intensification methods and "beating the logbook". I strongly suggest running DC training to anyone who is intermediate level, which i think you fall squarely under. Most folks think they run every set to failure... until they try DC training. Many have said DC taught them what "failure" meant in training.

Anyways, sorry for the derail. I'll be following along seeking training inspiration for the wife.
I'll give it a look. I wouldn't say I'm at the intermediate level myself yet. Maybe another month or so on this program to see where I end up. Barley squatting and deadlifting over bodyweight right now and bench still under.

Reaction score
03/06/2023

BB Back Squat
3x5 @ 195lbs

Flat BB Bench Press
3x5 @ 115lbs

Deadlift
1x5 @ 225lbs

Pretty decent day after taking the extra day off on Friday last week. Squatvand dead form check vids. @jeffgyou want in this time before I remove? Lol

Squats felt good, was feeling particularly solid/strong on them and overall felt more calm going into the sets then other times.

Bench we dropped more so I can focus on form and feeling the weight more as I work back up and make sure elbows and everything feel good as well. Lowered rest between sets with the weight drop.

Deadlifts felt good. Was losing the grip as I went on. Might invest in straps so grip doesn't effect overall weight and do holds for grip after work set.