Hair transplant log

Reaction score
Getting a hair transplant so gonna log the whole process. A little background info.

33 years old. Been having diffuse thinning for a few years now. Been on minoxidil and derma rolling for 2 years. Did finasteride 1 mg for a year and honestly didn't notice much. Hair kept shedding so I recently came off it.

Here are some current hair pics. 1st one is out of shower semi dries and second is how it looks during the day. As you can see diffuse thinning all over pretty much.

Turkey scares me for transplants. Seen a lot of botched ones and yes they are very cheap but once you leave you can never ask them followup questions or have easy access to see them if problems arise.

So I'm looking at local places. 3 this week. First one was today. Meeting only lasted about 10 minutes. She looked at my hair with a comb and took pics. She stated I would need to do the fue 2 day transplant for a total of 2500 grafts. Total cost is 14k. A little more than I was hoping for haha. The issue is I really don't want to take fin or dut since I don't like blocking dht in the body but seems like without it there would be no use for a transplant so I have to make up my mind.

Have another consultation this Friday so will post updates then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317-182904~2.png
    Screenshot_20240317-182904~2.png
    546 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240403-095201.png
    Screenshot_20240403-095201.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 5

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
I understand it.
Financially, buzzing my head made more sense. For my own household, I can’t justify the expense.

It doesn’t look bad from the pics, not so bad you can’t wait several months to a year. Or wear hats.

Consensus appears that I seem to look better in hats anyways, at least, in my case.

Reaction score
I understand it.
Financially, buzzing my head made more sense. For my own household, I can’t justify the expense.

It doesn’t look bad from the pics, not so bad you can’t wait several months to a year. Or wear hats.

Consensus appears that I seem to look better in hats anyways, at least, in my case.

I'm grateful I'm in a good spot where financially I can do it. My main concern is medication wise. Fin/dut/RU all seem to be bad for your body .

andy

Elite
Reaction score
that beard is powerful !!!

just shave the head. u will drown in all that pussy all over the world with a beard like that lol

andy

Elite
Reaction score
he's gay... there will be no drowning in pussy 😂
well if he shaves head all around including beard he would be more dick a like I assume , then he should drown in dicks no problem. problem solved. Just leave the ape a like chest hair deffo

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
well if he shaves head all around including beard he would be more dick a like I assume , then he should drown in dicks no problem. problem solved. Just leave the ape a like chest hair deffo
Oh yeah, I’m aiming for a Kratos look at some point. Proud of my chest hair, beard got chopped by my barber and I lost at least a months progress (so gonna find a new barber). Hopefully grow it out another two inches or so.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I really hope this works out for you brother.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Getting a hair transplant so gonna log the whole process. A little background info.

33 years old. Been having diffuse thinning for a few years now. Been on minoxidil and derma rolling for 2 years. Did finasteride 1 mg for a year and honestly didn't notice much. Hair kept shedding so I recently came off it.

Here are some current hair pics. 1st one is out of shower semi dries and second is how it looks during the day. As you can see diffuse thinning all over pretty much.

Turkey scares me for transplants. Seen a lot of botched ones and yes they are very cheap but once you leave you can never ask them followup questions or have easy access to see them if problems arise.

So I'm looking at local places. 3 this week. First one was today. Meeting only lasted about 10 minutes. She looked at my hair with a comb and took pics. She stated I would need to do the fue 2 day transplant for a total of 2500 grafts. Total cost is 14k. A little more than I was hoping for haha. The issue is I really don't want to take fin or dut since I don't like blocking dht in the body but seems like without it there would be no use for a transplant so I have to make up my mind.

pricey, but better to get it taken care of now if that's what you want. The more hair that gets lost, then the more grafts required.

Alternatively, have you considered a hair system? I've seen some of them, and they are really good these days. My friend wears one, and you can't tell. It's also near impossible to rip it off the scalp.

I luckily have my hair still, but I still shave my head (not having hair is convenient AF). If I did lose my hair then I would consider doing a hair system as a trial run and see if it was something that is for me.

Reaction score
pricey, but better to get it taken care of now if that's what you want. The more hair that gets lost, then the more grafts required.

Alternatively, have you considered a hair system? I've seen some of them, and they are really good these days. My friend wears one, and you can't tell. It's also near impossible to rip it off the scalp.

I luckily have my hair still, but I still shave my head (not having hair is convenient AF). If I did lose my hair then I would consider doing a hair system as a trial run and see if it was something that is for me.

Thanks man. Yea not sure how durable those hair system. I'm a firefighter so last thing I want is coming out of house fire and the glue melting and my top piece sliding right off when I take my helmet off

Not sure what to take medication wise. I tried fin for a year and still regressed. Not sure If I should keep going of try something else?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yea not sure how durable those hair system. I'm a firefighter so last thing I want is coming out of house fire and the glue melting and my top piece sliding right off when I take my helmet off

Not sure what to take medication wise. I tried fin for a year and still regressed. Not sure If I should keep going of try something else?
I had forgotten you were a firefighter... yeah, a hair system is probably a bad idea in your case.

There's also dutasteride, which blocks like 99% of DHT from binding. Some people have better luck with dutasteride than they do with finasteride. However i don't believe dutasteride is prescribed in the US. You can buy it from an overseas pharmacy though.

Be aware that initial shedding will be bad with both finasteride or dutasteride. I'm told that it gets worse before it gets better.

Reaction score
Be aware that initial shedding will be bad with both finasteride or dutasteride. I'm told that it gets worse before it gets better.

I heard about initial shedding with topical minox but not with oral fina or duta.

Personally I stick with topicals but I haven't experienced anything like the hair thinning @Bigbadwolf25 or @TeddyBear has. I'm still in the prevention/maintenance phase.

I also do microneedling for a few minutes once a week when I'm on the can. No topicals that day. Studies show it's helpful but I wouldn't be able to tell a difference because I still have my hair. Just hoping to not lose it.

Reaction score

I don't think yours looks bad at all man. I'd wait another year or two and see where you're at.

Mine is a little worse than yours. I've been thinking about doing it for a while now just haven't pulled the trigger.

Definitely let us know how it turns out if you do it.

Reaction score
I don't think yours looks bad at all man. I'd wait another year or two and see where you're at.

Mine is a little worse than yours. I've been thinking about doing it for a while now just haven't pulled the trigger.

Definitely let us know how it turns out if you do it.
Thanks man will do. You take anything currently to help with loss?

Reaction score
I had forgotten you were a firefighter... yeah, a hair system is probably a bad idea in your case.

There's also dutasteride, which blocks like 99% of DHT from binding. Some people have better luck with dutasteride than they do with finasteride. However i don't believe dutasteride is prescribed in the US. You can buy it from an overseas pharmacy though.

Thanks man..yea I heard some people say of finasteride didn't help at all then dut possible can make you lose a lot of hair. Something about the scalp being sensitive to test levels over dht levels?

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
I did Minox for a month, but realized I didn’t care to try so hard.

The shedding at the 3-4 week point was so bad, in the shower I’d have to scoop very small clubs that gathered near my belly button like lint.

New Threads