If I call it a "Fitness Journey" I'm automatically more virtuous and brave than you.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Brother, I'm not sure I can recall exactly what I did 40 years but if my memory serves me well, we hit each body part 2-3x a week and I'm sure we pushed the last set to failure. As time went on, the plates got added, the risk of injury became more real so recovery became important. I can tell you for the last 30 years, I have been doing 1 body part a week (tris and bis sometime twice depending on the routine).

Let's be clear, back when my PLing days were at their peak, the last set left nothing in the tank. I wouldn't say I trained that last set to failure but there was not another rep left. These days, there's typically 1 rep left in the bench and 2 left in the squat.

It's all about injury at the higher level but youth trumps all. Again, my way may not be someone else's way but being a pussy is never the way when starting out.
If there’s not another rep left then how is that not failure?
I feel like people are using terms not knowing what they actually mean.
If you can’t do another rep then that’s positive failure. Forced rep, negatives, rp, etc are beyond failure.
No going to failure isn’t dangerous at all.
Bad technique is.

hard_gains

Reaction score
I dind't realize there were different concentrations, but yes I believe your assumptions are correct. I'm fairly sure those are the numbers on the bottles.
So quick recap.

Training routine sucks. Which is a very common problem with people. Completely understandable.

Trying to do deads twice a week which I can only assume is you trying to impress random guys in the gym.

Your on trt but have zero idea on the concentrations on the bottles.

You hate rude people so you try to act hard online. Which is so very scary. 🙄

So my conclusion is deep down you love muscler dudes in thongs.

It's ug bodybuilding. The ug doesn't stand for under ground. It's underneath guys that bodybuild. We put grinder to shame in this place.

Welcome to the ugbb.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
So quick recap.

Training routine sucks. Which is a very common problem with people. Completely understandable.

Trying to do deads twice a week which I can only assume is you trying to impress random guys in the gym.

Your on trt but have zero idea on the concentrations on the bottles.

You hate rude people so you try to act hard online. Which is so very scary. 🙄

So my conclusion is deep down you love muscler dudes in thongs.

It's ug bodybuilding. The ug doesn't stand for under ground. It's underneath guys that bodybuild. We put grinder to shame in this place.

Welcome to the ugbb.
So… uh…. You wanna go out…maybe

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If there’s not another rep left then how is that not failure?
I feel like people are using terms not knowing what they actually mean.
If you can’t do another rep then that’s positive failure. Forced rep, negatives, rp, etc are beyond failure.
No going to failure isn’t dangerous at all.
Bad technique is.
I view failure as finding out there is nothing left. So failure could be 8 1/2 reps and you racked it at 8 reps, that's not to failure in my book.

I don't think you need to go to failure if your capable of improving. If you can keep adding weight or reps over time, it's fine to always have that one rep left in the tank.

Oh and I had a few injuries that didn't involve bad form. I have my own idea about why that is but that's for another day.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I view failure as finding out there is nothing left. So failure could be 8 1/2 reps and you racked it at 8 reps, that's not to failure in my book.

I don't think you need to go to failure if your capable of improving. If you can keep adding weight or reps over time, it's fine to always have that one rep left in the tank.

Oh and I had a few injuries that didn't involve bad form. I have my own idea about why that is but that's for another day.
You don’t have to go to failure to grow. I think you do need to develop the ability and have the experience of going to failure.
How can someone tell close they are if they’ve never done it.
almost nobody actually goes to failure or even close starting out.
They stop when the reps get hard. They don’t know how to push to get those last 5 reps that count.
I’ll guarantee 99% of this board has never done a truly hard set to where they hit failure. That’s why 90% of this board looks like this guy when they all take drugs.
They want to do rpe of rir which are advanced techniques but they don’t know how to gauge it.
I’ll put money on the fact that the rpe of 8-10 is actually 5+ reps away.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You don’t have to go to failure to grow. I think you do need to develop the ability and have the experience of going to failure.
How can someone tell close they are if they’ve never done it.
almost nobody actually goes to failure or even close starting out.
They stop when the reps get hard. They don’t know how to push to get those last 5 reps that count.
I’ll guarantee 99% of this board has never done a truly hard set to where they hit failure. That’s why 90% of this board looks like this guy when they all take drugs.
They want to do rpe of rir which are advanced techniques but they don’t know how to gauge it.
I’ll put money on the fact that the rpe of 8-10 is actually 5+ reps away.
Completely agree.

He's an old saying of mine you will like. "You never know how mush is enough until you know how much is too much"

Reaction score
I think I speak for most of us here. We deserve an update. To post only once about your journey is quite selfish. As much help as the boys gave you, I think we're kinda in this together, no?