Is there such a thing as too much protein for one meal?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The sun revolves around the earth bro... But I'll investigate and see if I agree with what science says.

Don't believe the astronauts either. They're bought and paid for!!!

Reaction score
Nah bro, only crazy one here is you. I've never seen someone voluntarily die on a hill that is impossible to win, get torn apart with their own information, and then still refute the facts.

That's insanity. In curious, do you happen to have wires in your head?
he’s just here to troll. As usual.

He lost all self-esteem and pride a long time ago.

buck

Reaction score
The maximum amount of protein that can be digested has ben argued for as far back as i remember. Back in the 70's i remember Lou Ferrigno stating in an article that only 30 grams can be digested at one time and have seen that figure floating around since then. 30 years ago i saw a Soviet study that showed their athletes being in a negative nitrogen balance when eating 3 gr of protein per pound of body weight. I find the answer not that hard to fathom. One can always add more protein to their diet for 6 months then see if they gained any more muscle. I tended to find that i did good on at least 1.25gr/pound and at least 1.5 gr/pound when dieting. It seems that converting protein to fat is much harder to do then it is with fats or carbs. So if i am going to take one of those in at a higher rate then i need i opt for the protein. After 30 years of eating 300+ grams of protein a day my eGFR is in the upper 90's most all the time. I have seen no well documented repeated studies show maximum amount or protein that can be digested. It is about as exact of a science as to correct amount of sets or reps or workout that can be done. They will probably solve all those in the same study some day.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I would say that if the body could only absorb “x” amount of protein in a meal, humans as a species would not be around.

Also, there are piles of people, including extremely successful athletes, living on one meal a day. If they were only getting a small amount of aminos absorbed, they wouldnt be competitive, let alome champions of their sport. You see this diet commonly in MMA now.

I look at everything health and fitness first through the evolutionary lens. And this shit just doesnt make any sense.

Reaction score
he’s just here to troll. As usual.

He lost all self-esteem and pride a long time ago.
Its funny you keep calling me a troll but the majority of your posts are you arguing or your non-funny nonsense schtick trying to make fun of others.
Do you not see how ironic it is for you to call someone else a troll?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Its funny you keep calling me a troll but the majority of your posts are you arguing or your non-funny nonsense schtick trying to make fun of others.
Do you not see how ironic it is for you to call someone else a troll?
Does getting banned dozens of times seem more or less troll-like than just being abrasive?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
So no comment on my BB/PL perspective because I don't see many studies really getting into subjects taking in extreme amounts of protein? I am still digging though. 🤷‍♂️
Define extreme

New Threads