Lankeman's Log

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Ok cool, since you said about maintenance I watched a few videos.

This shouty angry guy talks about being at maintenance all year round and still building muscle. Is he talking any sense? Would this work for natural?

The truth is that you never really know what your maintenence calories are, it varies day to day, there's no way to know exactly what you need, or exactly what you consume. It's a series of course corrections.

But I promise you, you will get the body you deserve, the body that you earn. Hitting calories or macros is great and all, but YOU HAVE TO TRAIN HARD, or nothing will change. That's the priority for you, TO TRAIN HARD, and as the shouty angry guy likes to say, "TRAIN HARDER THAN LAST TIME".

Reaction score
The truth is that you never really know what your maintenence calories are, it varies day to day, there's no way to know exactly what you need, or exactly what you consume. It's a series of course corrections.

But I promise you, you will get the body you deserve, the body that you earn. Hitting calories or macros is great and all, but YOU HAVE TO TRAIN HARD, or nothing will change. That's the priority for you, TO TRAIN HARD, and as the shouty angry guy likes to say, "TRAIN HARDER THAN LAST TIME".
Haha noted! Will up my gym game!

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Try it now. Spend a few weeks at maintenance calories, continue to work hard at the gym, try to increase weight and/or reps each session.

The work you put in at the gym is going to dictate what the weight you gain will be. Give your body a reason to create some muscle. It won't happen if you do fluff workouts.
So I been pretty strict at 2700 cals for nearly 4 weeks from 3200 (or more some days) . Scales lost about 1.2kg. Dont feel much difference.

But I would like to get lean and then do a slow bulk. Is this a good choice for newbe lifter. Will this cut hinder my end goal or just make it a bit longer.

If all ok should I carry on at 2700 for a while?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So I been pretty strict at 2700 cals for nearly 4 weeks from 3200 (or more some days) . Scales lost about 1.2kg. Dont feel much difference.

But I would like to get lean and then do a slow bulk. Is this a good choice for newbe lifter. Will this cut hinder my end goal or just make it a bit longer.

If all ok should I carry on at 2700 for a while?
Just train hard. You'll make progress either way. The training is the more important thing for you. Keep working hard!!!

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Ok cool, since you said about maintenance I watched a few videos.

This shouty angry guy talks about being at maintenance all year round and still building muscle. Is he talking any sense? Would this work for natural?

"This shouty angry guy" haaahaha fucking bodybuildings answer to Gilbert Gottfried .. Douchette has some good info he isn't totally wrong on many points. He's done quite a few BB shows , set world record in powerlifting. He is just so mother fucking annoying I can't stand to watch an entire video.

Reaction score
Looked at myself in the gym mirror today and thought wtf am I doing... About 10 months stressing to get 3 to 4 workouts a week in. Everyday sore muscles, always tired as well as not sleeping properly... Weighing foods and meal prep.

For what! I literally look no different... Could just be having a down week but jeez I cba to carry on 😭