My Humble Introduction

Reaction score
Hello all. I’m new to the board. I’ve been training since my early 20s with some lay offs. Male close to 40 y/o. I’m 5’9 and hover around 175 lbs. 12-15% body fat if I had to estimate (four pack & veins pop on arms).
Presently trying to bulk up, but doing it clean, upping calories slowly and gauging my body’s response. Gaining quality weight on my frame has always been a challenge.

I recently switched up my training from a 5 day split to a 3 day HIT style routine with more focus on intensity than volume, which I’m really digging. I usually do a routine until I hit a wall, then I’ll switch it up.

I’m lucky to have a couple older guys who know a lot more than I do to guide me. I hope to learn more here. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: DF

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG!

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Couldn't say it better. When your routine hits the wall send it over to your x and her new lover boy. Personally I don't have a routine as such. I will bore the ug patrons by quoting Arnold a hundredth time. I get it into my head during the day what I want to do. What is lagging what needs to shine. Then pic my weights and exercises out. Then turn up to the gym on international chest day Monday and say fuck chest. I'm doing legs instead. It is a mental game growing muscle. Pushing iron don't stimulate shit but an appetite. Punishing legs when your chest was ready for a workout grows muscle it is the unexpected that keeps your muscles growing. One week do heavy max reps of 6. Next week do sets with a rep range of 50. Then drop sets. Then addition sets. Do 20 flat bench presses with 100 pounds. Jump off put a plate on each side go again. Then repeat till you struggle to do 1 rep. Drop it all off repeat.
Train shoulders and quads. Biceps and calf. Chest and lower back. Even you won't know what is happening. Cept you are growing like a weed and you turn down pussy cause your too sore.

Reaction score
Couldn't say it better. When your routine hits the wall send it over to your x and her new lover boy. Personally I don't have a routine as such. I will bore the ug patrons by quoting Arnold a hundredth time. I get it into my head during the day what I want to do. What is lagging what needs to shine. Then pic my weights and exercises out. Then turn up to the gym on international chest day Monday and say fuck chest. I'm doing legs instead. It is a mental game growing muscle. Pushing iron don't stimulate shit but an appetite. Punishing legs when your chest was ready for a workout grows muscle it is the unexpected that keeps your muscles growing. One week do heavy max reps of 6. Next week do sets with a rep range of 50. Then drop sets. Then addition sets. Do 20 flat bench presses with 100 pounds. Jump off put a plate on each side go again. Then repeat till you struggle to do 1 rep. Drop it all off repeat.
Train shoulders and quads. Biceps and calf. Chest and lower back. Even you won't know what is happening. Cept you are growing like a weed and you turn down pussy cause your too sore.
Wise words here.

And yes, fuck doing chest on Monday! Monday is for quite literally anything else! This past Monday was a rest day. Did Back/Bi’s/Calves today and feel great.

New Threads