PA's Comeback Log

Reaction score
Went to the gym yesterday and just warmed up and did a few sets of 315x3 and then an AMRAP of 315x10 to see where I was and how much I lost from covid. Feeling better, but still feel weak and still get winded easily. Will start back with normal lifting next week. Might give Average to Savage 2.0 another shot, idk yet.

Reaction score
So moving forward I'm going to run Average to Savage 2.0 (assuming my hip can handle it. Been completely off lower body for a couple months now, so we'll see). Here's what the layout for 4x a week looks like.

Screenshot_20220912-025033_Sheets.jpg

I went extremely low on squat and deadlift training maxes. It bases the following week's weight on your AMRAPs, so it'll adjust over time anyway.

Nutrition:

Meal 1: breakfast burrito consisting of 1/5 pound of 80% lean ground beef, 1/4 cup rice, 2/5 bag of fresh spinach, 1/4 shredded cheese, 1 egg on a tortilla

Post workout: 3/4 cup of egg whites with 1 cup of protein milk, two slices of banana bread with cream cheese (will have the shake minus the extras on non training days)

Meal 2: 4 servings of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of natural jelly on a tortilla, a bag of broccoli, carrots, and cherry tomatoes, one serving of Triscuits

Meal 3: 85% lean beef patty with cheese on two slices of bread, a bag of broccoli, carrots, and cherry tomatoes, one serving of Triscuits

Meal 4: same as meal 3

Plan to start adding cardio back in over the next couple weeks. Have done pretty much zero cardio for the last couple months.

Btcowboy

Reaction score
So moving forward I'm going to run Average to Savage 2.0 (assuming my hip can handle it. Been completely off lower body for a couple months now, so we'll see). Here's what the layout for 4x a week looks like.

View attachment 28148

I went extremely low on squat and deadlift training maxes. It bases the following week's weight on your AMRAPs, so it'll adjust over time anyway.

Nutrition:

Meal 1: breakfast burrito consisting of 1/5 pound of 80% lean ground beef, 1/4 cup rice, 2/5 bag of fresh spinach, 1/4 shredded cheese, 1 egg on a tortilla

Post workout: 3/4 cup of egg whites with 1 cup of protein milk, two slices of banana bread with cream cheese (will have the shake minus the extras on non training days)

Meal 2: 4 servings of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of natural jelly on a tortilla, a bag of broccoli, carrots, and cherry tomatoes, one serving of Triscuits

Meal 3: 85% lean beef patty with cheese on two slices of bread, a bag of broccoli, carrots, and cherry tomatoes, one serving of Triscuits

Meal 4: same as meal 3

Plan to start adding cardio back in over the next couple weeks. Have done pretty much zero cardio for the last couple months.
We will chat, maybe get ya to share A2S with me to look at it.

Reaction score
How are things?

I'm just kinda getting motivation back post covid. Work had slowed down a little too, but unfortunately someone put in their two weeks this week. So it's probably going to get stupid again soon.

Weight still low 190's and have been running a condensed version of the Average to Savage 2.0 program minus deadlifts. Most days I'm just doing light squats, bench, pull ups, dips, and a short jog after. Nothing too exciting.

Still looking to do a bench only meet at some point next year. Went off program a week ago and worked up to 375x1 paused at about RPE 9, so I didn't lose too much with covid and the following months of inconsistent training. Just looking to slowly gain back or at least maintain until I pick a meet.