Ringing on my ear after weight lifting

Reaction score

Hello everyone,

I would to share my story. I am 34years old and I lift weights over 18 year now. Before 6 weeks now I was in the gym and after biceps curl third repetition over 70kg I didn’t breath and I became blood pressure after that came spontaneous on my left ear ringing. I was for the first week dizziness and not concentrated. I went to my ENT and gave me for 10days cortison. His told me I must be patient and the therapy need time. I am little better now but the ringing is here. I take vitamin b12 Magnesium and zinc. I would like to ask if someone had or has the same problem. I am confused and I don’t train now.

I will appreciate if someone give me help and advices.

Keep safe and healthy.

Reaction score
I went already. I make all tests and I don’t have hearing loss. It’s gonna be for you permanent? Or temporary?

Thanks for your reply
Probably permanent for me yes. I have high frequency hearing damage from playing in bands when I was a kid. We used to practice in metal storage sheds with no hearing protection.

The tinnitus has been worse for me the past few years. I am hoping they come up with a cure soon.

Reaction score
Probably permanent for me yes. I have high frequency hearing damage from playing in bands when I was a kid. We used to practice in metal storage sheds with no hearing protection.

The tinnitus has been worse for me the past few years. I am hoping they come up with a cure soon.
Oh very sad to hear it. My doctor said for people with hearing damage is mostly permanent I know. I hope we become our silence again soon.

Reaction score
you get used to it. i’ve had it so long i forget about it until someone mentions it

white noise machines and ambient sound help for sleep and concentration
Did you have it from blood pressure also? Or came from other reason? Yes I sleep with white noise machines for yet. But I don’t know if I can train with weights again. I am confused and I afraid because they said maybe the symptoms gonna worse.

Reaction score
Yes of course. I think for me came from eardrum pressure. I visited already my Doctor about my jaw. Make this click when i close or open my mouth but I don’t have seriously problem and never had pain in my jaw. Is a little tricky this. I hope for me gonna be temporary.

Reaction score
you get used to it. i’ve had it so long i forget about it until someone mentions it

white noise machines and ambient sound help for sleep and concentration
Literally ringing rn and like you said never pay attention to it until someone mentions it

New Threads