The New Guy

Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I just registered here and it is time for introductions and a little history.

I am 31 years old, male. Been hitting the gym for 3 years consistently now, 4 days a week with a few week or two breaks along the way. I have always had the desire to workout but I never maintained the discipline to be consistent until recently.

In my early 20s I started with no experience and no idea where to go and religiously researched how to be better and more efficient with weight lifting and cardio. I never managed to stay consistent over a 1 year period and usually quit going to the gym after 6 to 8 months and as such I never maintained much noticeable results.

After working out off and on, I was taken out by pneumonia for 6 months which killed my motivation almost utterly. I was out for years out of pure laziness after I got better, until one day I realized I was almost 300 pounds, up from 180. I didn't feel like my body had changed so much, you get so used to looking at yourself in the mirror and you don't see it happening until its too late.

After seeing a few unflattering pictures of myself, my desire to workout was jump started once again. I went into a hard calorie cut and cardio + weight lifting routine, stuck with it for a solid 6 months and then eased back into a healthier calorie range. Ever since I have been consistent with a cut/bulk calorie intake cycle and have been seeing some awesome results over the last 3 years.

I am now down to 209 lbs, have no idea what my BF% is but I know its not too bad because I have some definition. It is a massive confidence boost and half the time all I can think about now is going to the gym. I love it, and I couldn't imagine life without it anymore. It has become a part of my life, as I had always dreamed.

That is my fitness story, I am looking forward to finding a real community to engage with, real people, hear their stories and learn from them, learn new things and a place to go when I have ideas or questions.

Thanks for reading, and thank you!

Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I just registered here and it is time for introductions and a little history.

I am 31 years old, male. Been hitting the gym for 3 years consistently now, 4 days a week with a few week or two breaks along the way. I have always had the desire to workout but I never maintained the discipline to be consistent until recently.

In my early 20s I started with no experience and no idea where to go and religiously researched how to be better and more efficient with weight lifting and cardio. I never managed to stay consistent over a 1 year period and usually quit going to the gym after 6 to 8 months and as such I never maintained much noticeable results.

After working out off and on, I was taken out by pneumonia for 6 months which killed my motivation almost utterly. I was out for years out of pure laziness after I got better, until one day I realized I was almost 300 pounds, up from 180. I didn't feel like my body had changed so much, you get so used to looking at yourself in the mirror and you don't see it happening until its too late.

After seeing a few unflattering pictures of myself, my desire to workout was jump started once again. I went into a hard calorie cut and cardio + weight lifting routine, stuck with it for a solid 6 months and then eased back into a healthier calorie range. Ever since I have been consistent with a cut/bulk calorie intake cycle and have been seeing some awesome results over the last 3 years.

I am now down to 209 lbs, have no idea what my BF% is but I know its not too bad because I have some definition. It is a massive confidence boost and half the time all I can think about now is going to the gym. I love it, and I couldn't imagine life without it anymore. It has become a part of my life, as I had always dreamed.

That is my fitness story, I am looking forward to finding a real community to engage with, real people, hear their stories and learn from them, learn new things and a place to go when I have ideas or questions.

Welcome! You should do a log. You’ll get a lot of good advice here.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks I needed a pass time. Hope this time you are on the fitness train for all stations. It is easy to get off early but you will never reach your destination that way.
Just being funny not cruel. Hope you learn to condence your thoughts into 50 words or less before your next post. Try six scoops of pre workout before your next post. It will have you jumping like rich piana.
Good luck.

Reaction score
Thanks I needed a pass time. Hope this time you are on the fitness train for all stations. It is easy to get off early but you will never reach your destination that way.
Just being funny not cruel. Hope you learn to condence your thoughts into 50 words or less before your next post. Try six scoops of pre workout before your next post. It will have you jumping like rich piana.
Good luck.
Figured I would go above and beyond with the introduction so people would know I am not a bot lol, too much, noted

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Figured I would go above and beyond with the introduction so people would know I am not a bot lol, too much, noted
I love an over achiever. They succeed. Make sure you put the same intensity into training and diet and you will win. I personally would have read the extended version. But the brief was ok.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Consistency is hard starting out, but sounds like you've overcome that in the last 3 years. Welcome to the underground.

Reaction score

Welcome to UG

New Threads