Were you born with the asshole gene

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Now the question is if turn on at birth can it be switched off later ...
Permanently, Not quite yet but soon. We can do it in the embryo stage. We can use drugs or crisper for temporary suppression. But this is assuming the asshole gene is a single gene, unfortunately most are not that easy there's multiple genes associated. If we activate one gene what is that going to do to do the rest of the body could it increase cancer for instance unless another gene is activated or deactivated. Hell we could see that now with peptides that address PPAR Delta and gamma.

buck

Reaction score
I consider myself a dick but A-hole works too. But think environment played a big part. But probably did have at least a recessive gene for it. But i always think before i speak. Part of my upbringing. My father would say a man always maintains control, and he should know he lived with my mother. The downside is i can't apologize later and say i didn't mean what i said.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
"Opinions are like assholes; everyone has three." - Amy Schumer. But no, I am not but I am surrounded by some amazing ONES.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is being a "reactive asshole" and being a "strategic asshole", obviously the latter is what you need to strive for. Being reactive is just plain and simple immature and selfish...which we do either when we're young or anytime because we're just f'ng stupid. I think you're on the right track but you don't need to post to figure this out. If you're experiencing "cognitive dissonance" then at least you can correct yourself because you're now self aware. Waiting before you react is a good approach but difficult to find poise sometimes. I think poise is probably one of the most important aspects of social psychology. Not trying to sound smart here...trust me, I'm a dumbass but I have gained a little wisdom along the way. Keep self reflecting...you'll be alright.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As I've thought about this thread ... its really about losing my temper over something unimportant ... I know I'm capable of doing exactly that and now I'm aware its going to happen far less ... I still have the asshole gene I'm just going to expressed it far less ...

New Threads