Women (not your gf/wife) as spotters?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Nobody benches heavy without a spotter or at least spotter arms, that's just stupid, that's all I was saying brother.
Clearly you don't know everybody cause that's me, I'm "stupid".

Here's 450 from 15yrs ago when I was 19. It did go up pretty easy, so maybe it was light weight.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Thanks for posting a clip of hard to see plates from 15 years ago lmao what the fuck man

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Well I stopped powerlifting 9yrs ago, so yea any strength clip I'd post would be rather old. Have I failed on bench, yea countless times.. I move the bar down to my thighs without crushing my dick and stand up with it. I've always found more determination in training to get the bar up when not relying on a spotter being there to lift it off me. But we can just say I never lift heavy...

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Well I stopped powerlifting 9yrs ago, so yea any strength clip I'd post would be rather old. Have I failed on bench, yea countless times.. I move the bar down to my thighs without crushing my dick and stand up with it. I've always found more determination in training to get the bar up when not relying on a spotter being there to lift it off me. But we can just say I never lift heavy...
Yeah possibly crushing your dick is way better than using a spotter for sure..

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Not knocking ur lift dude, just your approach lol. Keep Killin it brother

crido887

Reaction score
He was the only guy in my gym serious enough to chalk his back when he squatted, so before I knew his name, I called him chalk squat boy in my head (csb for short haha). Just kinda stuck after that 😅. Guy was probably lighter than me and squatting 405. Never saw stuff like that at my gym.
So if a guy is going down. I would hug him arms around chest from behind and squat assist him up. Its so intimate I feel funny down there.

If a girl needs assist do I grab her tits and help her lift up?

Serious on the second half. Semi serious on the first.

Only female I have only spotted for was my wife

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I never use a spotter for bench. I remember threatening some gym goers who ran up to "spot".

For squats, I'd use a trusted capable spotter on heavy days as I've literally passed out after a set.
Yeeeeaaaaa...I would not ask someone to spot me squatting if I thought I was ever going to pass out. That not only puts me in danger, but them as well. Not to mention, if I can't trust them to spot my weight benching...how tf would they spot me squatting while passed out? Makes no sense brother.

Jenn_is_Jenning

Female Alpha Leader
Reaction score
So if a guy is going down. I would hug him arms around chest from behind and squat assist him up. Its so intimate I feel funny down there.

If a girl needs assist do I grab her tits and help her lift up?

Serious on the second half. Semi serious on the first.

Only female I have only spotted for was my wife
I think the best thing for any spottee/spotted parties would be to discuss how they'd like to be spotted.
If I had any new people spot me I'd give very specific DON'T TOUCH THIS BARBELL UNLESS I'M ON THE VERGE OF DEATH instructions.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm in Snake's camp. That and since I train by myself I know how to bail on any lift that I'm doing should I need to. I don't tackle weight that I can't dump myself. That being said, I never train with an attitude of maybe we'll get this weight. More like this is going up for X # of reps minimum. I don't ask Mrs. BRICKS for a spot, that's just asking for trouble and a harsh exchange of words should things not go as planned. Never have a harsh exchange of words with a Russian woman. You will not win. You will not understand a fuckin thing she said, but you will know you lost.

Last edited:

Janoy Cresva

Reaction score
I avoid talking or looking at women in the gym. If you glance in their general direction they think you're hitting on them.

Reaction score
I would take it as a compliment if asked to spot. I like guys in the gym who are not sexist and believe women are capable as well.
My old gym before moving, I spotted and in turn I had someone to spot me. New gym is a totally different atmosphere and I would not trust or be comfortable with most here.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I wouldnt have a problem with it at all if it was the right lady or ladies. An by that I mean she or they look like they can keep me from dying.

Would I ask some selfie snapping tik tok twit in her gymshark ensemble HELL NO ,,,

I think of the ladies we have here in our midst and the things they can do and have achieved those are the types of gals I wouldnt mind asking for a spot if I truly needed one.

Bomb , Mrs Bricks , Jenn , Mrs Dnewell , the list goes on but you get what I mean , that group ladies could spot any one of us and then ,,,, go out work most of us hahaahah.

Sapper

Reaction score
Safety pins in the rack for the win.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
DeAnna Price - being an old hammer thrower ive followed this young ladies career and this is one gal folks would not only get a spot from but she might help ya with your form too. She's definitely stronger than most of the average gym goers by far.

Just set the Womens Indoor Weight Throw with a 26.02 meter toss at the Indoor Nationals. That also breaks the mens record as well but she wont get credit for that.

Reaction score
I have followed my boyfriend to the gym a couple times when we have had free time together, and I would be totally useless as a spotter for him;
he is about 6'4 and currently lifts about 210 lbs for several reps without seeming to have too much trouble with it, whereas I am 5'0 and about half his bodyweight, and I wasn't even been able to lift his loaded bars off the ground when I gave it a try.
He does however typically use safety bars, so I haven't needed to worry about him when I have followed him.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As said it before - I'm likely the most hated person at my gym ... I'm not there to socialize - flirt with women or spot anyone ... I'm there completing a preplanned workout in a certain amount of time ... I don't ask for spots nor do I give them ... not being rude or unfriendly ... but find a workout partner or hire a trainer if you require spots ... is my personal opinion on the subject ...

New Threads