"Kids" in the Gym

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I'd say at my gym, the majority of the young crowd are proper gym goers.
They are usually in packs of 3-5 but almost all of them I've seen in there every day for the last few years.
They talk and waste time more than I like, but they put their shit away, while e down their stuff, and when they are lifting, they lift hard.
They get a pass from me and I help them out and am friendly to them every chance I get.

There's only a small handful of your typical TikTok brats that come, but they aren't there consistently and they usually just hide in a corner staring in the mirror because they are too intimidated by the real gym rats running around.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

GSgator

Reaction score
4 things that really piss me off
1. Ppl fucking around why others are lifting that’s how ppl can get hurt .
2. Ppl throwing weights classic example and it’s rare but there should be zero tolerance. Guys that throw the DB’s off after doing a bench.
3. Ppl that grunt so loud you can hear it over your music.
4. Ppl leaving their towels or water bottles at equipment and running around like it’s there personal gym. As soon as you go to use something they run across the gym and tell you they’re not done yet.

#4 I take seriously and have almost gotten into some shit because of it . I’ve strait told guys your done now and you can continue when I’m finished. Or you can work in sets im seriously not fucking moving you literally just walked over here and I’ve been watching you workout over there. Then give ‘em that we can take it outside look .

Last edited:

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
2. Ppl throwing weights classic example and it’s rare but there should be zero tolerance. Guys that throw the DB’s off after doing a bench.
4. Ppl leaving their towels or water bottles at equipment and running around like it’s there personal gym. As soon as you go to use something they run across the gym and tell you they’re not done yet.

#4 I take seriously and have almost gotten into some shit because of it . I’ve strait told guys your done now and you can continue when I’m finished. Or you can work in sets im seriously not fucking moving you literally just walked over here and I’ve been watching you workout over there. Then give ‘em that we can take it outside look .
Yeah I’ve raged on a few people doing circuit training or retarded CrossFit WODs during prime time.

If it’s 5am and nobody is there, have at it. But if you’re taking up two machines, a bench and three sets of dumbbells at 6pm you can get fucked.

Move your feet lose your seat.

Reaction score
I don’t say. How many sets you have let’s & NEVER EVER WOULD I WORK IN WITH SOMEONE OR LET SOMEONE WORK IN WITH ME… FUCK THAT NOISE…
I have been traing long enough that if some jerkoff is circle jerking himself or his freinds doing tricep press downs in the cable machine, I move into something else until it’s free.

And what about those fucktards , men and woman that lay on the floor under the smith machine bar and “ i don’t even know what they are trying to do” maybe glute ‘s . It’s fucking retarted.
You can get the same workout and better using reverse hyper extensions.

And if you really want to be a man you can grab a 45 pound plate and stick it out like your Superman and do your movement that way..
Nope. They lay On The ground with there back in a bench and put there knees and lower back into the mix..

Fucking stupid.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Got kicked out for dropping a weight after a deadlift?
Better be some heavy fucking iron to drop it
I’ll bet it wasn’t.
If you’re strong enough to lift you’re strong enough to sit the shit down.
That can destroy equipment. If you’re too dumb or careless to realize that you need to get the boot or fined
Not even the plers and strong men at my gym are slamming weights down.
I wasn't there to see it so I can't say for sure. That being said I've never the kid purposely "throw the weights around" or drop them just to be a dick. I know I've personally dropped my own personal bar doing deadlifts, going up on the 3rd or 4th one and pulled something and down the bar went. It happens but I agree should not be a habit.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
I was reading this post and thinking it was going to be that those kids were disrespectful little shits like so many of their peers. However, they seem like good kids and don't deserve to be removed from the gym for those reasons that you have stated.

What kind of gym was this? Sounds like a Planet Fitness or Anytime Fitness. I hope that they got the manager on video so they can post on social media. These places are so annoying with their stupid rules. I read on here that someone also got kicked out of a PF for having too large of a water bottle. lol
It's better than a PF but not a hard core gym. It seems that lately the manager has made up her mind to go more towards the PF model. It sucks because it is literally half a mile from my house and the hardcore gym is 25 minutes away.

Reaction score
It's better than a PF but not a hard core gym. It seems that lately the manager has made up her mind to go more towards the PF model. It sucks because it is literally half a mile from my house and the hardcore gym is 25 minutes away.
Hard core.. hahahaha what the fuck is a hardcore gym… I love when people say this.”hardcore” I train at pf beachside any real gyms in my area are two far for me to travel to..
One of the better ones is world’s it’s only 15minuyes from work in the opposite direction. From home then takes me 45 instead of 29 to get home. I stopped training there a few months back when it got too much with the travel and home. Once in a while I will hit it on a sat or sun. So..

I train at PF.. not embarrassed to say this..
They have everything you need. Do they have a free bench??? No
Do they have 160 dbl’s no but fuck dude I get just as a killer of a workout there as I could at worlds. I just adapt.

The downside is all the riff raff. But I put my headphones on as loud as they can go and my blinders and go to work…
Besides I do not need to have 150pn dbl’s to work up to them because I can walk into any gym with 150’s and put them up 10x cold right In the door.
While only being in a trt dose of test.. And that’s not bragging that is a fact..

So no I do not workout at a “Harcore” gym
6A193F8F-F4D6-47D9-A03E-B985129873D4.jpeg
Oh no imma gonna lose my gains!

• Haha
Reactions: CJ

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Had a interaction with some youngins tonight and they aren’t totally lost. I was surprised they found my homo humor funny and didn’t get butt hurt. Now that just need to start lifting hard lol.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Kids that are at the gym and not out causing mischief are on the right track and that gym is teaching them you get penalized for doing good, not cool in my book.

Now there are a few at my guns that I wanna go up to and ask are you at least 18? If they say yeah smack the shit out of them but not for dropping a deadlift or recording.

Reaction score
All the kids at my gym are there to workout, not horse around. They put stuff away and wipe it down, respectful attitudes, all that. There are a few that try too hard and attempt pr’s every day, but overall it’s a pretty good group. Truthfully, it’s a safe positive environment there and I’m glad the young people in my town have the opportunity to be there.

Reaction score
I'm effectively a kid in the gym. I'm 21, lots of vets at my gym and they always offer advice. It's always a nice experience to be called a fucking retard by a hench guy for fucking up my tricep extensions. Nothing gets me harder

Freakmidd

Reaction score

#4 drives me nuts.. it's one thing when there's no one there, but when the gym is full.. 🤬

Reaction score
I always wear a hat pulled down low and a thin hoodie over it with headphones on top. And a fn scowl. No one bothers me and I mind my own business.

Reaction score
Take them under your wing .

Gyms that get pissed about dropping bars are tools . I get it if it’s all the time.
If it’s between me getting hurt and dropping a bar though I’ll drop that ticking bar everytime I don’t give a shit if it has 500 lbs on it I’m not blowing a disc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads