lifting post shoulder surgery

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So i had my left shoulder repaired last august, have not done anything other than daily life and work with it since then , besides the rehab.

was back in the gym for the first time in a long time to day, i noticed doing dumbbell presses that there was some pain in that shoulder on the way down, pressing felt ok , just noticed it with the negative part.

dumbbell flat chest, incline , lat and side raise and face pulls all felt good, it was just the overhead part that i had the pain.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
So i had my left shoulder repaired last august, have not done anything other than daily life and work with it since then , besides the rehab.

was back in the gym for the first time in a long time to day, i noticed doing dumbbell presses that there was some pain in that shoulder on the way down, pressing felt ok , just noticed it with the negative part.

dumbbell flat chest, incline , lat and side raise and face pulls all felt good, it was just the overhead part that i had the pain.
probably due to lack of mobility from the surgery, and not using full ROM for the last 8+ months.

Try doing a shoulder mobility routine and see if it helps. Check out the videos available from squat university, he has a lot of videos to help with shoulders.

Reaction score
Lift like a new born babe. I wouldn’t use db's. I would start with a 20lb barbell. It's easier to balance. Progess will come, but if you rush it you will be starting over again. Good luck.

New Threads