Normal Test Levels

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I went to the doc to get blood work done a little while ago, and asked that he check my testosterone levels as well. I had a feeling something was going on with me as I am always tired, no sex drive, I get hot flashes, and have a hard time keeping gains after cycle. So I thought for the hell of it, why not get tested. Anyway, my tests came back with the following results.

Component Standard Range Your Value
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL 249 - 836 ng/dL 343.9

The doctor said this is normal and I should not be concerned. Is he just discounting it, I mean I am only 32 years old, to me that number seems rather low. What do you guys think, I mean what is "normal" for my age? Should I be considering TRT, and will this effect the ability to have a child down the road?

Braw16

Reaction score
If I'm reading this right your on the low end and should consider TRT. I had kids with no problems just when you want have kids consider hcg in your pct.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That sounds a little low to me for sure. My pre cycle blood's came back at 570. I'm 31 myself. I'm sure there r charts to show u what is normal range for ur age but either way seems low.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you cycled in relationship to this test? Also, what was your post PCT test scores after your last cycle?

Bigwhite

Banned
Reaction score
A little low but no normal doc will put you on trt with that #. You could always do self trt...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah my doc said 377 was normal, even though i felt like shitake, so most docs are scared of the prescription.... they dont want us guys outliving their old tired asses! plus most are scared of taking control of that pussy again... thats why they wont give us the T! they know we will be the ones sneaking out of their houses after having just laid their old lady's good and proper like!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
btw get on trt, fuck them! get feeling great again, feeling alive again, and slayin that vag! plus ur nuts will be fine for kids with clomid and hcg combo! believe me third kid on the way within a few months!

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My levels were 399 and my endo said they were normal. I went ahead a self medicated then returned to him after I had done a 3month trial myself. When I returned to my doc and told him this he wrote me a scrip no question asked.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your test is definitely on the low end for your age. In general primary care docs know nothing about trt & if your level is within that wide range everything is fine. If you're interested in trt try looking for another doc or a trt clinic.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I went through this in october of 2012. The average test levels for a 30 year old male are just above 600. I was at 310 and got my doc to start trt. Of course this doc was a total idiot on trt. I had done my research and when i was talking to him about it i found out that i knew more than he did. I had the need to self inject because i am cut off from the world for 2 weeks out of every 4 with my job working in the gulf of mexico. I found a doc 1 and a half hours away from me that specialized in hormone therapy and went to him and now i have everything i need and i feel great. His philosophy is if your feeling the symptoms then you have the condition. people feel different at different levels. At 400 somebody else may feel like a champ whereas you feel like crap. It varies from person to person. Like others have said, you could start self prescribed trt or you could judt keep doc shopping til you find one that works with you.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the advice. I think I am going to shop around and try and find a doc or clinic that specializes in this sort of thing. At this point it is starting to really effect my life and something needs to change.

New Threads