When was "This member limits who may view their full profile" added?

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
This exactly
In fact I was very active on this forum in a very positive manner previous to the troll issue. I had to go to another forum in November to get away from the stupid shit. Now that is the focus of my posting, hell I have almost the same post count there as I do here in 5 months. Shame they could not fix the problem that turned so many away. Now there is no real draw or fun in it for the trolls as all the good info has gone somewhere else.

Reaction score
In that post of the ones you mentioned and to be honest the ones who provide value (from my perspective) @DLTBB - @TomJ and @1bigun11 do not have privacy selected ...

And, seriously don't sell yourself short .. have have provided value here with less drama ... even if you see me as old fart using absolutes ...lol
I’m sorry, but what value do you provide here.

All of your posts are bitching about how great this forum once WAS.

Stop whining and make it good again. Give the newbs a welcome handjob. Answer their repetitive questions. Be nice to the random fat dudes that stumble upon a “hardcore” bodybuilding site and feel comfy asking “how do I lose weight”. Go ahead and try to tell that “what do you think of my cycle” guy that his plan sucks without having him meltdown. Deal with the shithead sources that try to sell their junk here based on a wink from the chinaman that sold him “very good raws”.

It’s easy to bitch. It’s hard to lead by example. Do something positive instead of judging everyone. It’s an anonymous forum. Fuck your judgmental attitude.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I can understand why others want their profiles private, even though I myself keep mine fully open.

A lot of us are open enough about certain things that if someone we knew from real life saw our profile/posts, they'd know it was us.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry, but what value do you provide here.

All of your posts are bitching about how great this forum once WAS.

Stop whining and make it good again. Give the newbs a welcome handjob. Answer their repetitive questions. Be nice to the random fat dudes that stumble upon a “hardcore” bodybuilding site and feel comfy asking “how do I lose weight”. Go ahead and try to tell that “what do you think of my cycle” guy that his plan sucks without having him meltdown. Deal with the shithead sources that try to sell their junk here based on a wink from the chinaman that sold him “very good raws”.

It’s easy to bitch. It’s hard to lead by example. Do something positive instead of judging everyone. It’s an anonymous forum. Fuck your judgmental attitude.

The topic was -- Should profiles and post history be able to be set private by the member ... the purpose of an internet anonymous forum is provide value (and entertainment) - that that comes from members reading / searching / researching other people posts ... sometimes because the honestly want to learn something from a workout journey - routine - diet .. other times because they see BS and simply want to see what else they've posted previously ... as everyone knows now there are work-a-rounds so the blocking of posting history so that feature should be completely removed .. as for profiles how about not adding info you don't want others to see as a solution instead creating this cool kids not cool permission based BS.

News flash ... this is not about me ... it is about a feature on the forum that I believe has had a negative result (and I wanted to hear from others on the topic) ... people of the forum know what I've contributed .. not over a few months but over a decade ... I will not make personal attacks I will simply state the topics like this one to see if others agree or disagree ... a few years ago this conversation could have been had without someone calling the OP a bitch or telling them to fuck off ... they simply could have responded like you did earlier in a civil way ... it always weakens someone's argument when they make it personal ....

Last edited:

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am curious why some members have either blocked viewing of their profile or the ability to look past posting to the general membership ...

I do not remember this feature being available 2021 or earlier.

It seems like a way of hiding from their posting history ...

I'd recommend terminating this feature ... I am curious if other members have noticed this feature and that more and more members are using it?
You can still search their posts via advanced search

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I am curious why some members have either blocked viewing of their profile or the ability to look past posting to the general membership ...

I do not remember this feature being available 2021 or earlier.

It seems like a way of hiding from their posting history ...

I'd recommend terminating this feature ... I am curious if other members have noticed this feature and that more and more members are using it?
I don't like it, less trust is given to a person doing this for me.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
There have been trolls here that use people's profiles and posting history to shitpost. That's the only reason why I have mine set that way. If you logged in and had over 100 different PMs to sift thru from multiple accounts all created by the same fucking loser, you'd understand.

It's a simple explanation and it sucks to have to do that.
This makes sense why many do this, I remember the storm of shit posts, I would have do the same if I was effected. Some people were targeted.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't like it, less trust is given to a person doing this for me.
SFG - one of my favorite definitions of genius is "Making the complicated simple" .. you did exactly that in 15 words far more eloquently that my 500+ ... thank you ...!

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
This makes sense why many do this, I remember the storm of shit posts, I would have do the same if I was effected. Some people were targeted.
Right on man 💯

This is just what started it for many of us , as BBBG and Butch mentioned as well. It got ridiculous logging in to some times 20 to 50 reactions on every post you've ever made by kermits with 0 post counts

Then you have them sending you key loggers in dms and virus bullshit url shortners ,, leaving all kinds of messages of doom n gloom and half ass hints as to whom they might be only to show back up with a completely new alt hours later and do it all again ...

a few months of that bullshit , you learn how to adjust your privacy settings (y)

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Right on man 💯

This is just what started it for many of us , as BBBG and Butch mentioned as well. It got ridiculous logging in to some times 20 to 50 reactions on every post you've ever made by kermits with 0 post counts

Then you have them sending you key loggers in dms and virus bullshit url shortners ,, leaving all kinds of messages of doom n gloom and half ass hints as to whom they might be only to show back up with a completely new alt hours later and do it all again ...

a few months of that bullshit , you learn how to adjust your privacy settings (y)
It was what initially prompted be to close PM's off to people I don't follow.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I'm an open book. I understand why some people do it - not wanting things they've said in the past to be brought back up during a heated debate. I avoid debates so it'll never be an issue. Fuck, you only have to search my username on Google and it's not long before you find retarded threads I made elsewhere a decade ago. But I'll stand by everything I've posted and even the retarded things stand as a testament to the fact that I've grown and always learning. :LOL:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm an open book. I understand why some people do it - not wanting things they've said in the past to be brought back up during a heated debate. I avoid debates so it'll never be an issue. Fuck, you only have to search my username on Google and it's not long before you find retarded threads I made elsewhere a decade ago. But I'll stand by everything I've posted and even the retarded things stand as a testament to the fact that I've grown and always learning. :LOL:
I find it interesting many people who are multiple forums use different names from one to the next ... however the great majority who provide value like you and others actually for the reason these forum were created (to share bodybuilding routines - diet info and general life-style info) are the ones who've had the same usernames always ... those who cause drama are always changing ... because the do not want to be associated with previous boards or problems they've caused (drama).

In the month I've been back I've seen a number of members who provide value moving their profiles and post history to private because others have done it ... and by me making it a topic of discussion even more who previously were public are moving private because others have done it ... I understand why some have done it but the other 99% I see no reason and now the ability to see valuable older discussions has been lost (beyond 10 pages) ...

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
One of your co-mods might disagree with you...

Seeing as he currently has the feature enabled 🤣
It was done at a time when Tucker Carlson, and his army of troll accounts, was running rampant on the forum and using people's profiles to search their posts and harass them with the reaction system.

I also have 2FA enabled due to that same time frame.

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
It was done at a time when Tucker Carlson, and his army of troll accounts, was running rampant on the forum and using people's profiles to search their posts and harass them with the reaction system.

Exactly, waking up to 70+ notifications everyday where a troll goes through your history just so they can fuck with you by shitposting was bad. That is the reason I have not been active here for 5 months.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score

I actually read this the first time as the actual Tucker Carlson sending a bunch of his fanboys to troll this forum. Wild stuff.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I actually read this the first time as the actual Tucker Carlson sending a bunch of his fanboys to troll this forum. Wild stuff.
Nah, it was a troll and one of his account names was tuckercarlson.

We used to have negative reactions here, which worked well for a time. The problem is that it eventually got abused, particularly by trolls (maybe they were all the same troll). The tuckercarlson troll in particular made a million accounts for the sole purpose of spamming people with negative reactions and PMs. So banning had no real effect on stopping the harassment.

Eventually the admin had to step in and remove the negative reactions because of it.

New Threads