How high is too high with E2

Reaction score
My labs came back on 500/week of test c and my estradiol was 129. Much higher than I expected based off how I feel, I.E no bad sides.
I plan on dropping my dose down reasonably to combat the high level but would any one also recommend taking Adex or aromasin or should I just lower test dose and check bloods in a few weeks. Thanks.

Reader591

Reaction score
Being that estrogen has benefits, and for sure you don’t want it crashed low, and you have no symptoms of it being high, I personally would not mess with it based off numbers alone in this case of just an estrogen number being high. It’s not some other metric that you may not have symptoms of it being out of range, but may not be good such as PSA creeping up.

I tend to enjoy my estrogen being higher, I like my mood better, long as I have no sides creeping in such as libido issues, or obviously growing tits/ overly sensitive nipples.

Take my .02 for what it’s worth, to be fair, in the hormones subject it’s not worth a ton.

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies. This is the first time I’ve actually done mid cycle bloods and was just unsure of the risks of it being that high even if I’m not experiencing sides.

I guess I can just consider myself fortunate that I don’t experience sides from it being elevated. Everything else was in range except for FSH and LH which would make sense.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the replies. This is the first time I’ve actually done mid cycle bloods and was just unsure of the risks of it being that high even if I’m not experiencing sides.

I guess I can just consider myself fortunate that I don’t experience sides from it being elevated. Everything else was in range except for FSH and LH which would make sense.
Treat the symptoms, not the numbers. E2 has NUMEROUS benefits in the male body, and if your current hormonal balance isn't causing BP issues, gyno, etc. then it'd probably behoove you to let it ride.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
My labs came back on 500/week of test c and my estradiol was 129. Much higher than I expected based off how I feel, I.E no bad sides.
I plan on dropping my dose down reasonably to combat the high level but would any one also recommend taking Adex or aromasin or should I just lower test dose and check bloods in a few weeks. Thanks.
AIs got a bad rep, but honestly there is nothing wrong with a little aromasin.

I'd try like 12.5mg twice a week and see where that puts you.

Those numbers are higher than I like to see, and I don't fully subscribe to the "only take an AI if you get sides" methodology.
Breast tissue can develop even without the telltale sensitivity in some cases, so I prefer to personally keep my e2 under like 60 at the top end since I already have some tissue developed.

Ymmv, if you aren't gyno prone I don't see an issue with riding it out.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Treat the symptoms, not the numbers. E2 has NUMEROUS benefits in the male body, and if your current hormonal balance isn't causing BP issues, gyno, etc. then it'd probably behoove you to let it ride.
Exactly. Unless you’re growing tits and your BP is through the roof, taking an AI is more harmful than high estrogen.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you're concerned with the high E2, and don't want to take an AI, another option is to lower the aromatizing compound, the Test, and use a non aromatizing compound to pick up the slack.

So maybe drop the Test to 300, and add in something like Masteron 200.

Just a thought.

Reaction score
What E2 test are you using? A standard womens E2 test or a Estradiol sensitive LC/MS test? I had the standard test once & it was quite high 85 I think, then after more research a few days later I got the sensitive test & it was almost half at about 38. Very close to the so called sweet spot that is around 25 sensitive LC/MS for most people.
Be very careful with Arimidex, it doesn't take much with some people to crash your E2. As little as 1mg a week can be too much & it's very painful for months when it happens.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I think my lab range is about 10-40 for E2. On cycle, I feel fine if I'm at 60 and will only take action if I run a little over that. If my E2 runs slightly high I tend to fell good. I once crashed my E2 (long story) and I knew it was in single digits before they even drew the BW.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think my lab range is about 10-40 for E2. On cycle, I feel fine if I'm at 60 and will only take action if I run a little over that. If my E2 runs slightly high I tend to fell good. I once crashed my E2 (long story) and I knew it was in single digits before they even drew the BW.
Same.

I feel best with my E2 well above the reference range. Recovery, libido, strength, and mood all TANK around 30 E2

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I've never checked what the numbers are on lab work but for me.

Celine Dione while im cleaning the house is a good fucking sign it's a bit too high.

Or if I stop my cleaning and tear up at the dulcet tones of Sara Mcglocklin attempting to extort money out of me with her newest saddest ASPCA commercial.

Right to the kitchen cabinet ,, were's the GD Aromasin ??

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Same.

I feel best with my E2 well above the reference range. Recovery, libido, strength, and mood all TANK around 30 E2
I popped a 7 once, over AI'ed after I had a pop BW for my GP. I felt like fuuk. Fatigued bad and zero sex drive. Fortunately it bounced back in a week. Live and learn.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I popped a 7 once, over AI'ed after I had a pop BW for my GP. I felt like fuuk. Fatigued bad and zero sex drive. Fortunately it bounced back in a week. Live and learn.
I've been in the single digits on a few occasions and was absolutely miserable.

Weirdly, my one and only gyno scare was when my E2 readings were between 8-20

I have never once had an itchy nip wth E2 above 40

Reaction score
What E2 test are you using? A standard womens E2 test or a Estradiol sensitive LC/MS test? I had the standard test once & it was quite high 85 I think, then after more research a few days later I got the sensitive test & it was almost half at about 38. Very close to the so called sweet spot that is around 25 sensitive LC/MS for most people.
Be very careful with Arimidex, it doesn't take much with some people to crash your E2. As little as 1mg a week can be too much & it's very painful for months when it happens.
It was the standard for women’s hormone panel so that may be the issue I’m having. Thanks for the input.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score

Same.

I’m the same. About 60-70 is my sweet spot.

Reaction score
If mine gets high I get sensitive nips that are hard all the time, high blood pressure and fluid retention. I take a small dose of Aromasin twice a week to keep it in check. Dosage depends on the amount of test I'm running.

On 500mg Test I use like 12.5mg aromasin 2x a week, but the range of different aromatrization in different people is just amazing to me. Some don't seem to aromatize at all. I consider myself kind of a high aromatizer.

buck

Reaction score
The studies i have seen show that elevated E2 levels can lead to atherosclerosis and strokes. Just depends on how long and how often the levels are high as to how much damage is accumulated.

buck

Reaction score
"The men in the balanced quintile-with the fewest deaths-had serum estradiol levels between 21.80 and 30.11 pg/mL.'

New Threads