Seeking Critique of Basic Cycle

Reaction score
Hi, I'm seeking a critique of a basic cycle design based on my goals, experience, stats, and workout schedule/ability. Any input, and I mean any, is welcome.

Goal:
Starting at new year 2024, gain 15lbs of muscle in a clean bulk over the period of 12 weeks.

Experience:
Lifted since I was 18 and taken a couple months here and there as life events occurred. Was a personal trainer for a good deal of time a few years back and did not touch PEDs until I turned 25 (just over a year ago). Decided to try the sazul with an initial 300mg of Test E or C a week for about 12 weeks. Loved it, so I've generally stayed on a TRT dose at 200 mg/week. Made the mistake of wanting to go too hard, so I tried Tren E for my second blast type cycle. I stayed on for 5 weeks because I realized I wasn't ready for it and made some bad life decisions on it. After staying off tren for a while, I did another Test E ~350mg/week for 12 weeks and finished about a month ago. At 350mg/week, the estrogen sides started to surface and used Arim (in increasing .1mg doses EoD to find dose that works for me) to counteract. Now continuing on TRT doses.

Over the past year, my sleep has been good (7 hours minimum at least 5 days a week) and workouts are consistent at 5x week and of good quality. Diet is also on point. I've been using chronometer and adjusting my diet for desired results (for example, I am currently cutting fat while trying to maintain muscle to run a charity 10km and will be competing against a friend). Macro and Micro nutrients are good. Also meticulous about taking liver support OTC drugs, cholesterol reducing plant stanols/sterols, and tracking weight and blood pressure. I would like to think that after my brief Tren stint, I took things a lot more seriously. I was new to using PEDs and just got in over my head back then.

Overall, now I am at the point where I am not as concerned with aerobic athletic activities (I generally participate in various run, swim, bike events) and want to put on some more size for a 3D effect and cosmetic purposes. Who knows, maybe I'll give shows a shot some day, but that's not on the radar at the moment.

Stats:
6'-6'1", ~14% bodyfat (InBody Scan a week ago), current weight 191lbs, projected weight at new year: 183lbs. See image of current physique.

Workout Schedule/Ability:
I do work an office job, 9-6. Longer hours are sometimes required based on workload, but I always find time to get at least 40 minutes in a day at least 5x a week.

My current split is a PPL (where emphasis is on high reps for cardio/distance training).

2024 12 week Clean Bulk Cycle:
500mg Testosterone/week (will use a Test P boost at start of cycle);
200mg NPP/week for first 6 weeks, 300 mg NPP for second 6 weeks;
15mg Dbol before workouts (will forgo on rest days) for first 6 weeks, 30 mg Dbol before workouts for second 6 weeks.

Planned daily caloric intake = 4000 pounds of clean food (this is going to be the most expensive part - sigh).

Any and all feedback is welcome. I am still a beginner in understanding all the pharmacokinetics, but have a decent grip on the basics of how things work. IMG_1289.jpeg

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
200mgs testosterone
200mgs masteron

at 6 weeks add anavar

20mgs am 20mgs pm

for 4 weeks

Reaction score
(where emphasis is on high reps for cardio/distance training).
This is the biggest problem that I see. Unless you change over to some hypertrophy rep ranges, training to failure, I don't think you will build much muscle.

Also since you have cycled in the past and are where you're currently at, I don't think you'll gain 15 lbs of muscle mass in 12 weeks. You might gain 15 lbs, but it won't be muscle mass that you'll be able to maintain coming off. With the dbol, most of it will be water weight.

I'd just keep my expectations in check on the weight gain. 15 lbs is a lot in 12 weeks. I'd be happy with 5, super happy with 10.

Reaction score
This is the biggest problem that I see. Unless you change over to some hypertrophy rep ranges, training to failure, I don't think you will build much muscle.

Also since you have cycled in the past and are where you're currently at, I don't think you'll gain 15 lbs of muscle mass in 12 weeks. You might gain 15 lbs, but it won't be muscle mass that you'll be able to maintain coming off. With the dbol, most of it will be water weight.

I'd just keep my expectations in check on the weight gain. 15 lbs is a lot in 12 weeks. I'd be happy with 5, super happy with 10.
Thanks for the feedback - I would definitely change the rep ranges.. on high reps now purely for endurance training.

Reaction score
200mgs testosterone
200mgs masteron

at 6 weeks add anavar

20mgs am 20mgs pm

for 4 weeks
I'm under the impression that Masteron is more for cutting-style cycles due to large leaps in DHT production. Add that in with Anavar, and it seems like muscle hardening is the goal for aesthetic, not necessarily muscle widening/visual growth. Correct me if I'm wrong?

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that Masteron is more for cutting-style cycles due to large leaps in DHT production. Add that in with Anavar, and it seems like muscle hardening is the goal for aesthetic, not necessarily muscle widening/visual growth. Correct me if I'm wrong?

its a pretty strong combo once it all starts working its magic ✨

& it will get you bigger too

if thats what your after

Trenbolonely

Reaction score
You’re gonna gain 15 pounds of muscle after several cycles already with tren and ending up at under 200 pounds doing cycles and trt for a year in 3 months? How exactly is that gonna happen?
Maybe you ought to be more clear about training and diet instead of the drugs and random supplements.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Unless you're the genetically gifted, which you aren't, because you'd have figured that out already, your expectations of gaining 15 lbs of muscle in 12 weeks is completely unrealistic. Adding 3-5 lbs of actual muscle in 12 weeks is a realistic goal.

You very well may gain 15 lbs, but it's going to be a mix of water weight, fat, and some muscle.

Also, if you're running into estrogen issues at 350 mg/week of Test, why on Earth would you run 500 mg/wk? How about using a baseline of Test, maybe 250 mg/wk, then use a non/lesser aromatizing compound to do the work, like a nandrolone or equipoise?

And for fucksake, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM DIANABOL if you have estrogen issues, or enjoy your new titties. You want a pre workout oral? I think it's dumb for your goals, but whatever, use a DHT derivative like anavar, so no estrogen issues.

Something like 250 mg Test with 350 mg NPP, paired with proper nutrition and training, is plenty for where you're at.

Jonjon

Reaction score
Post was a little too long for my attention span, but here’s my answer. If you’re wanting to build muscle, find a good baseline of test you tolerate without the need of an ai, and add 200 or 300mg of npp a week.

Keep reps in 6-12 rep range.

And if you find a way to build 15lbs of muscle in 12 weeks you might just become the next mr Olympia in a few years

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
You are wrong. All AAS are for increasing and preserving lean mass. They have nothing to do with cutting bodyfat except for the attempt to keep as much muscle as possible. Any steroid can be used effectively during a gaining or cutting phase.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm seeking a critique of a basic cycle design based on my goals, experience, stats, and workout schedule/ability. Any input, and I mean any, is welcome.

Goal:
Starting at new year 2024, gain 15lbs of muscle in a clean bulk over the period of 12 weeks.

Experience:
Lifted since I was 18 and taken a couple months here and there as life events occurred. Was a personal trainer for a good deal of time a few years back and did not touch PEDs until I turned 25 (just over a year ago). Decided to try the sazul with an initial 300mg of Test E or C a week for about 12 weeks. Loved it, so I've generally stayed on a TRT dose at 200 mg/week. Made the mistake of wanting to go too hard, so I tried Tren E for my second blast type cycle. I stayed on for 5 weeks because I realized I wasn't ready for it and made some bad life decisions on it. After staying off tren for a while, I did another Test E ~350mg/week for 12 weeks and finished about a month ago. At 350mg/week, the estrogen sides started to surface and used Arim (in increasing .1mg doses EoD to find dose that works for me) to counteract. Now continuing on TRT doses.

Over the past year, my sleep has been good (7 hours minimum at least 5 days a week) and workouts are consistent at 5x week and of good quality. Diet is also on point. I've been using chronometer and adjusting my diet for desired results (for example, I am currently cutting fat while trying to maintain muscle to run a charity 10km and will be competing against a friend). Macro and Micro nutrients are good. Also meticulous about taking liver support OTC drugs, cholesterol reducing plant stanols/sterols, and tracking weight and blood pressure. I would like to think that after my brief Tren stint, I took things a lot more seriously. I was new to using PEDs and just got in over my head back then.

Overall, now I am at the point where I am not as concerned with aerobic athletic activities (I generally participate in various run, swim, bike events) and want to put on some more size for a 3D effect and cosmetic purposes. Who knows, maybe I'll give shows a shot some day, but that's not on the radar at the moment.

Stats:
6'-6'1", ~14% bodyfat (InBody Scan a week ago), current weight 191lbs, projected weight at new year: 183lbs. See image of current physique.

Workout Schedule/Ability:
I do work an office job, 9-6. Longer hours are sometimes required based on workload, but I always find time to get at least 40 minutes in a day at least 5x a week.

My current split is a PPL (where emphasis is on high reps for cardio/distance training).

2024 12 week Clean Bulk Cycle:
500mg Testosterone/week (will use a Test P boost at start of cycle);
200mg NPP/week for first 6 weeks, 300 mg NPP for second 6 weeks;
15mg Dbol before workouts (will forgo on rest days) for first 6 weeks, 30 mg Dbol before workouts for second 6 weeks.

Planned daily caloric intake = 4000 pounds of clean food (this is going to be the most expensive part - sigh).

Any and all feedback is welcome. I am still a beginner in understanding all the pharmacokinetics, but have a decent grip on the basics of how things work. View attachment 44917
You are believably a distance runner, but claims of being someone who lifts and is on the sauce are not believable.

You do not need gear to make the progress you want to make. You need better training and more food.

15lbs in 12 weeks is NOT happening, Rich Piana.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
You are believably a distance runner, but claims of being someone who lifts and is on the sauce are not believable.

You do not need gear to make the progress you want to make. You need better training and more food.

15lbs in 12 weeks is NOT happening, Rich Piana.
I could put 15 pounds on in 12 weeks but not in a good way.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I’ve never tried GONAD but I think drinking a gallon of milk every day would lead to some serious GI issues.

So yes.
never done it either... but all I can imagine is someone shitting their brains out, even if they aren't lactose intolerant.

New Threads