Legalities of shipping AAS in America

Reaction score
Sup fuckers,

As some of you may have seen in my previous comments I recently got a package of shit seized at customs and got a nice letter from the DEA ( I am in America). Taking this into consideration, it is possible that I am on some sort of watch list and might be having my mail checked. I still want to get my shit but right now I am pretty lost on what to do. Have any of y'all ever experienced something similar to this? Or do you have any advice related to smarter ways of shipping shit?

Reaction score
Best bet is to have it shipped to a new addy, such as a trusted friend or relative.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
As I said in your other thread, customs popped me for circumventing customs in a creative way with electronics. This was back in 2010 or so. I still order parts from foreign countries for my vehicles and 90% of my imported packages get inspected by customs, despite following proper protocol. Hell, I even sent stuff to family in Canada and they inspect my outgoing items marked as gifts. They literally charged my cousin VAT on his birthday gift in Canada upon inspection!

Oddly enough, I think I was flagged by my real name only. Anything that comes to my business, which is also at my home address, generally makes it through unscathed.

Reaction score
As I said in your other thread, customs popped me for circumventing customs in a creative way with electronics. This was back in 2010 or so. I still order parts from foreign countries for my vehicles and 90% of my imported packages get inspected by customs, despite following proper protocol. Hell, I even sent stuff to family in Canada and they inspect my outgoing items marked as gifts. They literally charged my cousin VAT on his birthday gift in Canada upon inspection!

Oddly enough, I think I was flagged by my real name only. Anything that comes to my business, which is also at my home address, generally makes it through unscathed.
I have had packages seized from China and they were mostly electronic devices or non-AAS merchandise. Thankfully they were cheap ones just mismarked most likely why they were seized. Seems Customs is fixated on anything out of China now.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I remember my first intnl source from Thailand sent "care packages"... oils in a teddy bear, oral strips in crayon and colored pencil boxes. Have also received bulk orals in video game case. But ya I've had some packages busted, I changed my address to ship to and eventually stopped ordering overseas for most things.

Reaction score
First of all, you usually don't get a letter from DEA. You get a letter from US Customs if it came from overseas. I'm speaking from experience. Probably got 5 of them then decided not to order international anymore. If it's US Customs, your name and addy is now hot. You'll have to use a new delivery address or stick to domestic sources. I know this because I was flying back form Cancun a few years ago and I got pulled for a baggage check. My name was flagged for an international order. Be safe. Be smart.

Reaction score
First of all, you usually don't get a letter from DEA. You get a letter from US Customs if it came from overseas. I'm speaking from experience. Probably got 5 of them then decided not to order international anymore. If it's US Customs, your name and addy is now hot. You'll have to use a new delivery address or stick to domestic sources. I know this because I was flying back form Cancun a few years ago and I got pulled for a baggage check. My name was flagged for an international order. Be safe. Be smart.
Damn bro that's wild. So they just checked your bag and let you go?
Would they call you if your package was seized? Or just send you a letter? I got an automatic call today saying that my package was seized

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Damn bro that's wild. So they just checked your bag and let you go?
Would they call you if your package was seized? Or just send you a letter? I got an automatic call today saying that my package was seized
Courtesy of @NbleSavage from another thread. Not sure if it's what happened to you, but good to know nonetheless....

Reaction score
Find a different address to ship to. I would recommend getting a private mailbox somewhere instead of a home address preferably a mom and pop type place with loose requirements for ID. Figure out where the illegals open mailboxes and get it there. They're not paying $200+ a year for an address at a UPS store. I wouldn't do it in your home town either. Then you need to get familiar with the max you can order with little scrutiny. Then you need to figure out what port it's coming through as some are incredibly difficult to get a pack through. Then you need to figure out the shipping methods used and the probability your pack will be opened. They're not all equal. Oftentimes the shipping method will be up the source but sometimes they have different options. There's a lot of variables and they all matter.

Whatever address you used is burnt. Don't have any more stuff sent there. I've had more problems using an address to a house even when the stuff is legal. I don't know why that is. It probably has something to do with customs declarations as to what the contents and the way they're declared.

It is possible you are on a watch list and your mail is being scrutinized. I don't know how long that lasts. As far as what to do, find a domestic source and pay extra.

Slic.

Reaction score
I had something similar happen ordering cuban cigars online shipped from Sweden. (I know, username checks out 🙂). It was probably 10 years ago.

I got a love letter from customs saying they siezed my goods basically and instructions for if I wanted to contest it.

I just ignored it and continued bisuness as usual. I'm not saying that was the smartest thing to do, but I've been ordering meds and cigars from overseas since and never had another issue.

Reaction score
I had something similar happen ordering cuban cigars online shipped from Sweden. (I know, username checks out 🙂). It was probably 10 years ago.

I got a love letter from customs saying they siezed my goods basically and instructions for if I wanted to contest it.

I just ignored it and continued bisuness as usual. I'm not saying that was the smartest thing to do, but I've been ordering meds and cigars from overseas since and never had another issue.

Funny you should mention that. I've only known one guy that got pinched for importing cubans but in his case it wasn't a few boxes. I recall making a couple attempts in college to get different liquors that were not sold in the USA with zero success. I forget what the deal was with that. There's only a couple guys in my network that have been able to get some of the more rare bottles that are shipped abroad without making a physical trip to the country in question. One guy has it down to a science and really understands customs.

Slic.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
One of my good friends was popped in the mid 2000s coming back from a cruise. Customs asked him if he visited any pharmacies while in Cancun, and he said no. In his luggage was a box filled with 12 10ml bottles of Sustanon. Till this very day, he can't leave the country or return without being searched! It is literally scan passport, get pulled aside for a search and having his bags pulled to be searched.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. I've only known one guy that got pinched for importing cubans but in his case it wasn't a few boxes. I recall making a couple attempts in college to get different liquors that were not sold in the USA with zero success. I forget what the deal was with that. There's only a couple guys in my network that have been able to get some of the more rare bottles that are shipped abroad without making a physical trip to the country in question. One guy has it down to a science and really understands customs.

Slic.
When my cousin was at Ford Ord in California, he used to smuggle Tequila back from Tijuana. I guess I can say how he did it nearly 30 years later... In the back of his 280ZX, there was a subwoofer enclosure that was hinged to hide a secret compartment.

How no one ever figured out that the subwoofer enclosure was WAY too big for a pair of 8 inch Rockford Fosgate subs, I'll never know.... My cousin would bs anyone who asked and say that it was originally for a pair of 12s, and he blew them then reused the same box because 8s were cheaper. The truth is we built it that way to fit bottles of tequila in it. He told me he could fit 20 in there if he stacked them just right.... I could have sworn I designed it to only fit a dozen in there, so he was very creative with his placement!

Reaction score
Find a different address to ship to. I would recommend getting a private mailbox somewhere instead of a home address preferably a mom and pop type place with loose requirements for ID. Figure out where the illegals open mailboxes and get it there. They're not paying $200+ a year for an address at a UPS store. I wouldn't do it in your home town either. Then you need to get familiar with the max you can order with little scrutiny. Then you need to figure out what port it's coming through as some are incredibly difficult to get a pack through. Then you need to figure out the shipping methods used and the probability your pack will be opened. They're not all equal. Oftentimes the shipping method will be up the source but sometimes they have different options. There's a lot of variables and they all matter.

Whatever address you used is burnt. Don't have any more stuff sent there. I've had more problems using an address to a house even when the stuff is legal. I don't know why that is. It probably has something to do with customs declarations as to what the contents and the way they're declared.

It is possible you are on a watch list and your mail is being scrutinized. I don't know how long that lasts. As far as what to do, find a domestic source and pay extra.

Slic.
So when you say find a domestic source and pay extra, are you saying that buying from a domestic source will not cause it to be checked? Are packaged really only vetted at customs? Would it be safe to order a domestic source to the same address?

Reaction score
Domestic doesn't go through customs. Yes it's possible your package could still be opened but way less likely. Certain types of US postal mail requires a warrant to open. UPS/FedEx can be opened at a whim if they suspect something illegal with no warrant required.

Slic.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Domestic doesn't go through customs. Yes it's possible your package could still be opened but way less likely. Certain types of US postal mail requires a warrant to open. UPS/FedEx can be opened at a whim if they suspect something illegal with no warrant required.

Slic.

That’s good to know slic, thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads