Minimum amount of training to build muscle? To maintain muscle?

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Yep, it's easier since it requires less work. Just make sure you're still lifting a few times a week, do cardio once a week, then watch what you eat too.
You want to look a certain way but don't want to work for it. I'm guessing your young and not driven.

If you don't like lifting, you're not going to follow through and be consistent. You probably don't like eating correctly either.
I don’t like eating right either. I mean, i eat clean, but i eat way too much haha !!

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Do 50 jumping jacks every morning, cut out soda and juice, and you’ll be exactly where u want to be in three months !

Reaction score
Took me long to answer, time flies by so fast.

I completely understand wanting to reserve as much time for other things in your life... trust me I am probably one of the laziest and most procrastinating members on the forum. However nothing in life is free. If you want something, you grab it by the balls and go for it.

I get the impression you are asking about maintaining gains you haven't made yet.
If you count me as a member, then I am the most procrastinating one :p

Yes, exactly! As I stated in my first post, I just wanted to know if it's worth it.
And also I wasn't really determined to get stronger. I just thought it would be cool, but if it takes too much effort - nah, I don't really need it. But by now I changed my opinion on this subject.

Just for the record... I know there is one person in this thread who replied to you, who works like 16 hours a day and at least 6 days a week.

This person still makes time to get into the gym 4x a week.

I am not that person, but maybe he will be nice enough to step up and identify himself, and maybe he will even give you some time management tips. 😎
Damn, 16? Are you sure? That's basically a whole day. So I bet his #1 time management tip is not sleeping enough ://
Personally if I had a choice to either work 16 hours a day, or not work at all, I would prefer the latter, lol.

Devil's advocate, if all he wanted to do was look like an average desk jockey... who does minimal activity for exercise; merely for the health benefits, then why hop on a bodybuilding forum?

Something tells me he wants to look sort've like a body builder, or at least look like he lifts. This requires more than minimal effort.

But maybe I'm judging based on the nature of this place, combined with how he wrote his first post.
Well, if I wanted to look like an average desk jockey, it's still a good place to ask question about muscles. Even if you want to build just a little of muscles, people who have a lot of them are probably the best to give you advice.
And also I don't think there is a forum for average desk jockeys :pP

But yeah, you are right, I want to look "better" than average person. Preferably way better. Can't say how exactly, because it's kinda hard to describe, and also I am not sure how exactly big I want to be.

You want to look a certain way but don't want to work for it. I'm guessing your young and not driven.

If you don't like lifting, you're not going to follow through and be consistent.
Actually I like lifting. But still it's sometimes kinda hard to just get up and start doing something, and there is a chance I will just stop working out in the future. As I said, it's not that I don't want to work to achieve my goals, I just wasn't really determined, I didn't care that much about it, it wasn't really my goal. Just something that would be cool.

You probably don't like eating correctly either.
Who likes? :p

Also thanks for all the answers.

Sityslicker1

Reaction score
Much less to maintain, but you still have to work those muscles or they will go away eventually. Use it or lose it.

Just lift weights 2x per week, do some cardio, eat reasonably, and you'll get some decent results, probably right about what you're looking for.

But fyi... A few hours per week isn't much at all.

I had to take 2 years off recently due to health issues I had to address and I lost everything even with trt 100mg weekly because I didn't workout anymore. I thought for sure since I've been lifting over 20 years now that it would be impossible to lose all my gains, but it happened. Now everyone is commenting on how skinny I look. 🙁 Now I'm working on getting it back with smart training and smart supplementing and muscle memory.

Adzg

Reaction score
@Warol2137 can you tell us what your goals.are? Is there a target physique you'd like to hit? Are you just wanting to look like the average male? (FYI, I wouldn't call any one on this forum average looking, except maybe myself )

This will help us make better responses for you. Right now we're all kind of making assumptions of what your trying to achieve.

Must make me below average then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Sounds like you better have a big bank account for the muscle implants, liposuction, abdominal etching, etc.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone even took the time to respond after reading ur bullshit post wtf.
Stick to the Xbox and hot pockets dude.

dirtys1x

Reaction score
Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, the human body was designed to move. We are biological entities that are not meant to be sedentary. The human body is at the apex of conditioning and fitness in terms of its form. That is not arguable. Exercise is almost necessary and I believe that it is the one guaranteed thing that affects longevity, well-being, and overall health. You should reevaluate what exercise should mean to you.

Exercise as a first priority is for your health. Secondarily comes the want to look better.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, the human body was designed to move. We are biological entities that are not meant to be sedentary. The human body is at the apex of conditioning and fitness in terms of its form. That is not arguable. Exercise is almost necessary and I believe that it is the one guaranteed thing that affects longevity, well-being, and overall health. You should reevaluate what exercise should mean to you.

Exercise as a first priority is for your health. Secondarily comes the want to look better.
I’m a real man so I’m on my feet for work all day. I’ll live forever.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Took me long to answer, time flies by so fast.

If you count me as a member, then I am the most procrastinating one :p

Yes, exactly! As I stated in my first post, I just wanted to know if it's worth it.
And also I wasn't really determined to get stronger. I just thought it would be cool, but if it takes too much effort - nah, I don't really need it. But by now I changed my opinion on this subject.

Damn, 16? Are you sure? That's basically a whole day. So I bet his #1 time management tip is not sleeping enough ://
Personally if I had a choice to either work 16 hours a day, or not work at all, I would prefer the latter, lol.

Well, if I wanted to look like an average desk jockey, it's still a good place to ask question about muscles. Even if you want to build just a little of muscles, people who have a lot of them are probably the best to give you advice.
And also I don't think there is a forum for average desk jockeys :pP

But yeah, you are right, I want to look "better" than average person. Preferably way better. Can't say how exactly, because it's kinda hard to describe, and also I am not sure how exactly big I want to be.

Actually I like lifting. But still it's sometimes kinda hard to just get up and start doing something, and there is a chance I will just stop working out in the future. As I said, it's not that I don't want to work to achieve my goals, I just wasn't really determined, I didn't care that much about it, it wasn't really my goal. Just something that would be cool.

Who likes? :p

Also thanks for all the answers.
Gentlemen, and whatever ladies are reading, the future of our country. SMH

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score

Well said

Reaction score
This seems like an odd place to pose this question.

But here goes. You're going to have to do something physical to maintain any muscle. Some sort of exercise. Rock climbing, skiing, biking... something.

OR you can do like I did and sat on my ass for a decade then woke up one day pushing 40 and realized that I looked like shit.

But here goes. You're going to have to do something physical to maintain any muscle. Some sort of exercise. Rock climbing, skiing, biking... something.

OR you can do like I did and sat on my ass for a decade then woke up one day pushing 40 and realized that I looked like shit.

HAHAHA

New Threads